Changing default printer
Author Message
 Changing default printer

I've seen thousands of examples in VB on how to change the default
printer, but none for C. Any guru's out there that can help me out. I
want to change the default printer and print from the new printer
specified in my program, I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks for any help
you can provide.

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:50:40 GMT
 Changing default printer

Quote:

> I've seen thousands of examples in VB on how to change the default
> printer, but none for C. Any guru's out there that can help me out. I
> want to change the default printer and print from the new printer
> specified in my program, I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks for any help
> you can provide.

Not only does C not provide a way to change the default printer,
it does not provide any way to access a printer at all.  You
should ask your question in a forum dedicated to programming with
your operating system.

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:00:19 GMT
 Changing default printer

Quote:
>I've seen thousands of examples in VB on how to change the default
>printer, but none for C. Any guru's out there that can help me out. I
>want to change the default printer and print from the new printer
>specified in my program, I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks for any help
>you can provide.

The C language knows nothing about the default printer in Windows 2000.  You
should know better than to ask about this in newsgroup about a standard
programming language that is used on many platforms, from tiny embedded
devices to supercomputers.

You should also know better than to change default printer behind the user's
back. This is a user preference that can be changed through the appropriate UI.
When the user sets it up using that UI, the user expects it to stay that way.

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:10:18 GMT
 Changing default printer

Quote:

> I've seen thousands of examples in VB on how to change the default
> printer, but none for C. Any guru's out there that can help me out. I
> want to change the default printer and print from the new printer
> specified in my program, I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks for any help
> you can provide.

I suggest you ask the question again, this time in a Windows programming
newsgroup. The ISO C Standard does not document a technique for changing
Windows 2000 default printer settings.

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 03:12:44 GMT
 Changing default printer

Quote:
> I've seen thousands of examples in VB on how to change the default
> printer, but none for C. Any guru's out there that can help me out. I
> want to change the default printer and print from the new printer
> specified in my program, I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks for any help
> you can provide.

After seeing your other post, I suggest you either:
1) Go find that Windows newsgroup already, or
2) Drop dead right away.

"Ice cream sales somehow cause drownings: both happen in summer."
   - Antti Voipio & Arto Wikla

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 05:01:49 GMT

1. Changing Default Printer Tray

2. Changing Default Printer

3. automatically change default printer

4. Changing Default Printer Tray

5. changing default printer orientation

6. Help , how to enum printers and change default printer in VC++ ???

7. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

8. How to change default printer settings in an MFC application?

9. How to change the default printer

10. Changing the default printer

11. change system default printer?

12. Changing the default Printer Tray