linker option!
Author Message
 linker option!

Hi:
   I am not familiar with C compiler in UNIX,
   Can anybody tell me what's  the linker option if I used 'socket' lib
in my code?
   gcc  sourcefilename.c -l( what should be in here?)

thanks a lot!

lei

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linker option!

Quote:
> Hi:
>    I am not familiar with C compiler in UNIX,
>    Can anybody tell me what's  the linker option if I used 'socket' lib
> in my code?
>    gcc  sourcefilename.c -l( what should be in here?)

Please take this question to an implementation-specific newsgroup.

--
Richard Heathfield

The bug stops here.

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linker option!
Lei Sun schrieb:

Quote:

>    I am not familiar with C compiler in UNIX,
>    Can anybody tell me what's  the linker option if I used 'socket' lib
> in my code?
>    gcc  sourcefilename.c -l( what should be in here?)

Hi Lei Sun,

You might ask either the Unix or the GCC experts. Both can be found in
their ve ry own respective newsgroup:

Stephan

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linker option!

Quote:

>Lei Sun schrieb:

>>    I am not familiar with C compiler in UNIX,
>>    Can anybody tell me what's  the linker option if I used 'socket' lib
>> in my code?
>>    gcc  sourcefilename.c -l( what should be in here?)

you might try compiling using -lsocket

    -Joshua.

Quote:
>Hi Lei Sun,

>You might ask either the Unix or the GCC experts. Both can be found in
>their ve ry own respective newsgroup:

>Stephan
>(initiator of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c)

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linker option!

On most Unix machines, it is not necessary to link to special library.
Don't forget to include <sys/types.h> and <sys/socket.h>. Then
        gcc sourcefilename.c

Feng Chen

: Hi:
:    I am not familiar with C compiler in UNIX,
:    Can anybody tell me what's  the linker option if I used 'socket' lib
: in my code?
:    gcc  sourcefilename.c -l( what should be in here?)

: thanks a lot!

: lei

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Missing VC++.NET Compiler and Linker Options tab

2. Q:linker options

3. VC Linker Options

4. linker option: using /opt:ref with /ZI

5. VC Linker Options

6. Linker Options

7. set linker options problem

8. Linker options