Errata for Shildt's TY C++
Author Message
 Errata for Shildt's TY C++

Does anyone know of a location that has an errata or a serious critique of
Herbert Schildt's Teach Yourself C++?  I know of his reputation but the course
I'm taking uses his textbook.  I've tons of other references which include
Lippman, Stroustrup, The Beginner's Guide OOP Using C++ and references off of
the Internet (C++ Annotations and EDM/2), so the damage should be minimal.
Already I caught what most likely is a typo, but have not yet seen any flaming
material mistakes, though I've seen some things done in a goofy fashion.

Take Care!

Spam {*filter*}y trap!!!

FROM:  Mark Allen Framness

HTTP:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~farmer/index.html

URL for comp.lang.c NG:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scs/C-faq/top.html

To reply via e-mail, delete the given reply to address and delete the NO_SPAM
from the above addresses.
                                        &
All standard disclaimers apply.  Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a
fight.

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Errata for Shildt's TY C++

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a location that has an errata or a serious critique of
>Herbert Schildt's Teach Yourself C++?

No.  I did a few examples from _C: The Complete Reference_.  I started
going through with a red pen, but I found about 150 errors in the first
100 pages...  I gave up.

Feel free to post examples, and ask for advice about them.

If they're C++, try comp.lang.c++.

Quote:
>I know of his reputation but the course I'm taking uses his textbook.

I recommend that you work with some of the people here to find errors,
and then give them to your teacher, along with a copy of Kim King's
_C Programming: A Modern Approach_.

Quote:
>I've tons of other references which include
>Lippman, Stroustrup, The Beginner's Guide OOP Using C++ and references off of
>the Internet (C++ Annotations and EDM/2), so the damage should be minimal.
>Already I caught what most likely is a typo, but have not yet seen any flaming
>material mistakes, though I've seen some things done in a goofy fashion.

Obviously, if you're posting in comp.lang.c, you're pretty much stuck with
C advice.  :)

-s
--

All rights reserved.  This was not sent by my cat.  C and Unix wizard -
send mail for help, or send money for a consultation.  Visit my new ISP

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Errata for Shildt's TY C++

Quote:
Framness) writes:

Sorry, I beg your pardon.  This was obviously meant for the C++ group.  A head
cold and a sleepless night and I do this.

Take Care!

Spam {*filter*}y trap!!!

FROM:  Mark Allen Framness

HTTP:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~farmer/index.html

URL for comp.lang.c NG:   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scs/C-faq/top.html

To reply via e-mail, delete the given reply to address and delete the NO_SPAM
from the above addresses.
                                        &
All standard disclaimers apply.  Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a
fight.

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. H. Shildt - Anyone care to comment

2. ty

3. gdzie ty jestes

4. SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty

5. Errata for C Programming FAQs by Steve Summit

6. New errata for K&R2

7. H & S, 4th Edition, errata list

8. www.schildt.errata

9. Errata for C:ARM 4th Ed.?

10. Errata addenum, C: A Reference Manual 3/E

11. Harbison & Steele III errata

12. H&S4 errata?