Borland C 3.1 Borland Make 3.6 problem
Author Message
 Borland C 3.1 Borland Make 3.6 problem

Hello folks,

I am trying to compile a winsock application using Borland's make version
3.6 and even
though I believe I have created the dependencies right and I have given
the right
parameters the TLINK linker still cannot link correctly functions that
are in separate
modules and in libraries.

My project is made of three programs (ac_ftp.c, ftp_ctrl.c and
ftp_data.c), a resource
file (ac_ftp.rc), a definition file (ac_ftp.def) and two non-standard
library
(winsock.lib and winsockx.h).  The functions in ftp_ctrl.c and
ftp_data.c, as well as
those in the two libraries, are not being found at link time.

The library paths are correct and the c source files and resource file
compile just fine
if I initiate an MS-DOS session from windows 3.11.  To make things more
strange, if I
issue the make command from DOS (no Windows session), nothing will
compile.

Enclosed is the makefile and the errormessages obtained. Any help will
behighly
appreciated.

Regards,

Felipe Guacache

#makefile

.AUTODEPEND

.PATH.obj = .

#               *Translator Definitions*
CC = bcc +AC_FTP.CFG
TASM = TASM
TLIB = tlib
TLINK = tlink
LIBPATH = C:\UTIL\BORLANDC\LIB;..\LIB
INCLUDEPATH = C:\UTIL\BORLANDC\INCLUDE;..\INCLUDE

#               *Implicit Rules*
.c.obj:
  $(CC) -c {$< }

.cpp.obj:
  $(CC) -c {$< }

#               *List Macros*
Link_Exclude =  \
 .\ac_ftp.res

Link_Include =  \
 ac_ftp.obj \
 ftp_ctrl.obj \
 ftp_data.obj \
 ac_ftp.def

#               *Explicit Rules*
.\ac_ftp.exe: ac_ftp.cfg $(Link_Include) $(Link_Exclude)

c0ws.obj+
.\ac_ftp.obj+
.\ftp_ctrl.obj+
.\ftp_data.obj
.\ac_ftp
nul                # no map file
winsock.lib+
winsockx.lib+
mathws.lib+
import.lib+
cws.lib
ac_ftp.def

  RC  .\ac_ftp.res .\ac_ftp.exe

#               *Individual File Dependencies*
ac_ftp.obj: ac_ftp.cfg ac_ftp.c

ftp_ctrl.obj: ac_ftp.cfg ftp_ctrl.c

ftp_data.obj: ac_ftp.cfg ftp_data.c

.\ac_ftp.res: ac_ftp.cfg ac_ftp.rc
        RC -R -I$(INCLUDEPATH) -FO .\ac_ftp.res AC_FTP.RC

#               *Compiler Configuration File*
ac_ftp.cfg: makefile
  copy &&|
-R
-2
-u
-v
-W
-vi-
-wpro
-weas
-wpre
-n.
-I$(INCLUDEPATH)
-L$(LIBPATH)
-P
| ac_ftp.cfg

#Error Messages

MAKE Version 3.6  Copyright (c) 1992 Borland International

Available memory 43917312 bytes

        bcc +AC_FTP.CFG -c ac_ftp.c ftp_ctrl.c ftp_data.c
Borland C++  Version 3.1 Copyright (c) 1992 Borland International
ac_ftp.c:
Warning ac_ftp.c 552: 'lRet' is assigned a value that is never used in
function Pascal
Dlg_Main(const HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)
Warning ac_ftp.c 552: 'nAddrSize' is assigned a value that is never used
in function
pascal Dlg_Main(const HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)
ftp_ctrl.c:
ftp_data.c:
Warning ftp_data.c 147: Constant out of range in comparison in function
AcceptDataConn(unsigned int,sockaddr_in *)

        Available memory 3695252
        RC -R -IC:\UTIL\BORLANDC\INCLUDE;..\INCLUDE -FO .\ac_ftp.res
AC_FTP.RC
Microsoft (R) Windows Resource Compiler  Version 3.10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1985-1992.  All rights reserved.

Turbo Link  Version 5.1 Copyright (c) 1992 Borland International
Warning: Stack size is less than 1400h.  It has been reset to 1400h.
Error: Undefined symbol getaddr(char far*) in module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol wsaperror(int,char far*,const void near*) in
module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol dlg_about(const hwnd__near*,unsigned int,unsigned
int,long) in
module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol initdataconn(sockaddr_in near*,const
hwnd__near*,unsigned int)
in module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol createlclfile(char far*) in module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol dlg_file(const hwnd__near*,unsigned int,unsigned
int,long) in
module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol getlcldir(char far*) in module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol initctrlconn(sockaddr_in near*,const
hwnd__near*,unsigned int)
in module ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol centerwnd(const hwnd__near*,const
hwnd__near*,int) in module
ac_ftp.c
Error: Undefined symbol wsaperror(int,char far*,unsigned int) in module
ftp_ctrl.c
Error: Undefined symbol closeftpconn(unsigned int near*,char
far*,int,unsigned int) in
module ftp_ctrl.c
Error: Undefined symbol getbuf(unsigned int,int,int) in module ftp_data.c
Error: Undefined symbol gethostid() in module ftp_data.c

** error 1 ** deleting .\ac_ftp.exe

--
Familia Guacache
C/ Sirio #92-131 Trigal Norte

Sat, 20 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland C 3.1 Borland Make 3.6 problem

Quote:
>Hello folks,

>I am trying to compile a winsock application using Borland's make version
>3.6 and even
>though I believe I have created the dependencies right and I have given
>the right
>parameters the TLINK linker still cannot link correctly functions that
>are in separate
>modules and in libraries.

Your problem appears to be about how to build a project in the Windows
environment rather than anything to do with the C language itself.
I suggest you try asking in a Windows related newsgroup such as
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc.

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Palette source needed, Borland C++ 3.1 Win 3.1

2. Available memory problems with DOS, RTKernel and Borland C 3.1

3. Borland C++ 3.1 dpmi problem

4. Array problem with Borland C++ 3.1 for Windows

5. Borland C++ 3.1 runtime library problems

6. Borland C 3.1: graphics.h problem

7. Problem with Borland C++ 3.1

8. Borland C 3.0/3.1 Library Reference Manual wanted

9. Req: Borland C++ 3.1 database library

10. Holding Borland C 3.1 for windows program

11. newbie Q: range of unsigned int Borland C 3.1

12. fscanf help using Borland 3.1