Disabling "CTRL+ALT+DEL"
Author Message
 Disabling "CTRL+ALT+DEL"

Is there a way to disable a warm boot within a window C++ program? I'm using
Borland C++ and writing a security program... I have everything working except
that the users are able to warm boot. I've looked into using Accelerator Keys,
but I'm using a System Modal dialog and this doesn't seem to affect the key
sequence.

I've also noticed that even if you turn on the password protect feature for a
windows screen saver it doesn't disable "CTRL+ALT+DEL." If anyone know anything
about this please send email.

                        Thank you,
                         Alex W.

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling "CTRL+ALT+DEL"

Quote:

>Is there a way to disable a warm boot within a window C++ program? I'm using
>Borland C++ and writing a security program... I have everything working except
>that the users are able to warm boot. I've looked into using Accelerator Keys,
>but I'm using a System Modal dialog and this doesn't seem to affect the key
>sequence.

Neither the C nor C++ programming languages know about the PC boot procedure,
or how to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, however, the folks over on
comp.os.msdos.programmer or comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc likely do.  The
information you want will be much the same regardless of programming language,
but highly specific to PC-compatible computers.

Peter Bennett VE7CEI                | Vessels shall be deemed to be in sight

TRIUMF, Vancouver, B.C., Canada     |                          ColRegs 3(k)
GPS and NMEA info and programs: ftp://sundae.triumf.ca/pub/peter/index.html
or: ftp://ftp-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/arnd/GPS/peter/index.html
or: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling "CTRL+ALT+DEL"

Quote:

>Is there a way to disable a warm boot within a window C++ program? I'm using
>Borland C++ and writing a security program... I have everything working except
>that the users are able to warm boot. I've looked into using Accelerator Keys,
>but I'm using a System Modal dialog and this doesn't seem to affect the key
>sequence.

  There is no way to do this in either C or C++ -- you might consider looking
in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc (or even looking in their FAQ! :-) since
this is a purely DOS/Windows specific issue.

--
James Robinson            "Because we are returning a copy for postfix ++

                                           _The_Complete_C++_Primer_, 2nd ed.

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disable "Ctrl-Alt-Del"

2. disable Alt+ TAB Ctrl+ESC Ctrl+Alt+DEL key

3. Trapping Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl+Esc / Ctrl+Alt+Esc

4. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

5. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

6. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

7. disabling CTRL ALT DEL

8. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del???

9. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del functionality

10. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del functionality

11. disabling CTRL ALT DEL

12. Disable CTRL-ALT-DEL ?