Please help : cannot understand error mesg.
Author Message
 Please help : cannot understand error mesg.

Quote:

>       I have written a C program to build the tables
> that an assembler usually does. After compiling and trying
> to run the program, an error message is displayed :

> General Protection Exception
> 0xf8DF:0x0D12
> SYS1A(1) 0x58DF:0X0D12 Processor Fault

It means you have attempted to write to a memory location that your process
doesn't have permission to use. Have you got an uninitialized pointer or an
array that is too small?

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help : cannot understand error mesg.

Quote:

> Hello,
>       I have written a C program to build the tables
> that an assembler usually does. After compiling and trying
> to run the program, an error message is displayed :

> General Protection Exception
> 0xf8DF:0x0D12
> SYS1A(1) 0x58DF:0X0D12 Processor Fault

This is a serious, yet *very* unspecific error message. It tells you
that your program tried to access memory that it did not have a right
to access. This is usually caused by illegal pointer usage in your
C program, like using uninitialised pointers, crossing array boundaries,
dereferencing NULL pointers, accessing more memory then has been
allocated, etc. And there are many many more possible causes.

Please try to build a minimal standard C program that still reproduces
the error and post that here to get specific and detailed help. The
smaller the program is the better, because more people will find
the time to have a look.

Stephan

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help : cannot understand error mesg.

Quote:
> Hello,
>       I have written a C program to build the tables
> that an assembler usually does. After compiling and trying
> to run the program, an error message is displayed :

> General Protection Exception
> 0xf8DF:0x0D12
> SYS1A(1) 0x58DF:0X0D12 Processor Fault

> I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me

  You are using variable/s for which you have not allocated memory. Use a
de{*filter*} to track down the problem.

manohar

Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot generate typelibrary... please help understand

2. Help on my C code, dont understand how to fix my compiler errors (PLEASE HELP)

3. Learning Linked Lists, Code Attached, My understanding of code attached, Please confirm understanding

4. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

5. Please help me understand this...

6. Please help, I don't understand

7. New2C: Problems understanding STRUCT Please HELP!!!!

8. Understanding UINT Help Please

9. help!! Errors I don't understand

10. Help me understand this compile error message.

11. Help in understanding the compiler error

12. Cannot understand it..