call to function prototypes
Author Message
 call to function prototypes

I am running Borland 5 on windows 95 on a Pentium II.
I am trying to compile a very simple "sound" and "delay" and "nosound"
program copied from a book my problem lays with this snippet of code
void dropBomb()
{
  int x;
   for(x=880;x>440;x-=10)
 {
    sound(x);
    delay(100);
   }
   nosound();     //turn sound off
   killed+=15;

Quote:
}

The header file I call to is  #include <dos.h> but in my help file the
portability of dos.h
is not for W32 which I believe,  I don't know for sure I am running.
I am as you have probaly guessed learning the "C" language.
I am on a distant learning course.
Is there an alternative to the dos.h in win32?
any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Mitchell

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 call to function prototypes

Quote:
> I am running Borland 5 on windows 95 on a Pentium II.
> I am trying to compile a very simple "sound" and "delay" and
"nosound"
> program copied from a book my problem lays with this snippet of code
> void dropBomb()
> {
>   int x;
>    for(x=880;x>440;x-=10)
>  {
>     sound(x);
>     delay(100);
>    }
>    nosound();     //turn sound off
>    killed+=15;
> }
> The header file I call to is  #include <dos.h> but in my help file
the
> portability of dos.h
> is not for W32 which I believe,  I don't know for sure I am running.
> I am as you have probaly guessed learning the "C" language.
> I am on a distant learning course.
> Is there an alternative to the dos.h in win32?
> any help would be appreciated
> Thanks
> Mitchell

<Jack>

Unfortunately, what you are learning is not the C language, but
platform specific extensions.  Borland 5.x allows you to make programs
for three types of environments, MS-DOS, Win16, and Win32.  If you want
to use extension functions which are only defined in one of these
platforms, you must build a program for that platform.

If you can't figure that out from the manual or online help, then ask
compiler specific questions in the Borland support group
borland.public.cpp.ide for the best answers.

</Jack>

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to prototype a function call

2. Warning Call to Function w/no Prototype in

3. Function prototype that RUNDLL32 calls?

4. Call to function with no prototype

5. Function returning a function-pointer - how to prototype ?

6. prototype (?) of function passed to function

7. Function prototypes for pointers to functions.

8. HELP: function prototype with pointer to function as parameter

9. Condition breakpoints and function calls and function calls in Immediate window

10. How can i make a C call prototype to a DLL

11. Call a function in a function with name of a function as parameter

12. help:prototype inconsistent with implementation of function