Quote:

> > Hi,
> > I need help in this.
> > I can call every function I wish to,
> > but ODIPKT always returns
> > 0x06 BAD_COMMAND !!
> > Hope anybody has something about
> > this.

> Your question may be relevant to comp.lang.c, despite what Mr Klein
> says.
> Comp.lang.c is not limited to discussions about Standard C.

   Dawid, you're wrong; c.l.c _is_ about ANSI C (though not about
the Standard itself - for this exists comp.std.c). Topical for
this newsgroup are _portable_ C solutions; platform-specific
code is topical in platform-specific newsgroups - that's, after
all, what they are for.  For better understanding about what
is topical for c.l.c, refer to c.l.c FAQ and Billy Chambless'
regular posting "Welcome to comp.lang.c".
   Just have a look at the sister group, c.l.c++ - it's nearly
unreadable, since it's now a mixture of c.l.VC++ and c.l.BCB
for all practical purposes.

Quote:
> As far as I know, ODIPKT is a packet driver interface for ODI. You need
> post an example of the C code which calls the packet driver.

  ODI _is_ irrelevant to comp.lang.c. But I agree that it may be
advisable for an original poster to post his C code - his error
may be not in the platform-specific part, after all.

        Regards,
                Alex Krol

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ODIPKT-Programming

Quote:

> > > Hi,
> > > I need help in this.
> > > I can call every function I wish to,
> > > but ODIPKT always returns
> > > 0x06 BAD_COMMAND !!
> > > Hope anybody has something about
> > > this.

> > Your question may be relevant to comp.lang.c, despite what Mr Klein
> > says.
> > Comp.lang.c is not limited to discussions about Standard C.

>    Dawid, you're wrong; c.l.c _is_ about ANSI C (though not about
> the Standard itself - for this exists comp.std.c). Topical for
> this newsgroup are _portable_ C solutions; platform-specific
> code is topical in platform-specific newsgroups - that's, after
> all, what they are for.  For better understanding about what
> is topical for c.l.c, refer to c.l.c FAQ and Billy Chambless'
> regular posting "Welcome to comp.lang.c".
>    Just have a look at the sister group, c.l.c++ - it's nearly
> unreadable, since it's now a mixture of c.l.VC++ and c.l.BCB
> for all practical purposes.

> > As far as I know, ODIPKT is a packet driver interface for ODI. You need
> > post an example of the C code which calls the packet driver.

>   ODI _is_ irrelevant to comp.lang.c. But I agree that it may be
> advisable for an original poster to post his C code - his error
> may be not in the platform-specific part, after all.

>         Regards,
>                 Alex Krol

Nevertheless, note I said MAY be relevant.  If you have not seen the
poster's code
you cannot simply condemn him. I referred to Phil Karn's TCP/IP. If you
take the
trouble to look at it you will see it is an excellent example of ANSI C
- with
only a small isolated module of low level OS-specific code. So let's see
some code
and then make a judgement.

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert a VC++program written in .cpp and .bat to a regular MC++ program

2. How to call a program from another program ?

3. Getting a program to make a program

4. new freeware programming tool, source available: Programming Language Creator 1.00c (with C Interpreter Module)

5. Timing a program (process) from another program

6. Execution of another program from a running program

7. Problem with programming in C/ Creating a Robot Chase Program

8. combining c-program with cobol-(programs/functions)

9. Socket Programming (How to program a timeout mechanism on a read/write call)

10. Programming in C for Macs and socket programming for Macs

11. call asm program from C program

12. Program written in C slows other DOS programs when running on Pentium II or III