Creating a stub with Watcom C/C++ 11.0
Author Message
 Creating a stub with Watcom C/C++ 11.0

I'm making a small setup program with Watcom C/C++ 11.0 for Win32 environment.

Now I'd like to create a self-extracting packages with this setup program.

But how to create that executable part for packages?

Is it possible to create a small stub-exe witch I can put at the beginning of
the package (for example: copy /b stub.exe+package.dat package.exe)?

--
MJK

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a stub with Watcom C/C++ 11.0

Quote:

> I'm making a small setup program with Watcom C/C++ 11.0 for Win32 environment.

> Now I'd like to create a self-extracting packages with this setup program.

Your errors in posting here are twofold.  You are using C++, not C.  If

appropriate newsgroup.  More likely, you are using Win32 specific

which would be even better able to serve your needs.  BTW, why don't you
use an existing program to create these self-extracting packages?  It
seems much easier than writing one.  (Why reinvent the wheel?)

--

(supporter of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c)

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a stub with Watcom C/C++ 11.0

Quote:

> I'm making a small setup program with Watcom C/C++ 11.0 for Win32 environment.

Hi Matti K?rki,

I doubt that the standard C language (that we all rave about in
comp.lang.c) will be able to help you with that task.

Quote:
> Now I'd like to create a self-extracting packages with this setup program.

> But how to create that executable part for packages?

I would do this by getting a commercial license for one of the many
sophisticated compression utilities, like ARJ or ZIP.

Quote:
> Is it possible to create a small stub-exe witch I can put at the beginning of
> the package (for example: copy /b stub.exe+package.dat package.exe)?

Basically this is correct. But the most important thing is to obtain
a compression/decompression algorithm (or program). If you really
insist on reinventing the wheel, you might go to:

Stephan

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Info on Watcom c/c++ 11.0

2. bc++ 5.0 <-> watcom 11.0

3. Help getting Watcom 11.0 floating point emulation working in non-DOS environment

4. Watcom 11.0

5. Watcom C++ V 11 - RTTI

6. Watcom C/C++ v.11 available

7. Porting code from Watcom C++ 11.0a

9. watcom 11 question

10. Converting from Watcom 11.0a

11. Creating a DLL using Watcom C++ 10a?

12. How can I create C++ Mex-files with Watcom 10.0