CRC-CCITT polynomial source code
Author Message
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone had any source code for the CRC-CCITT
x16 + x12 + x5 + 1 polynomial that I could take a look at.

Thanks
Jason Yuen

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

> > Hi.

> > I was wondering if anyone had any source code for the CRC-CCITT
> > x16 + x12 + x5 + 1 polynomial that I could take a look at.

yourself
> some time and do a web search.

This style of response is OFF-LINE, and needs to cease.  The correct
response is to supply either a 4-bit, 8-bit, or 16-bit look-up table.  Of
course the CPU's cache is the final DETERMINANT on this Question.  Karl M,
chair.

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

> > > Hi.

> > > I was wondering if anyone had any source code for the CRC-CCITT
> > > x16 + x12 + x5 + 1 polynomial that I could take a look at.

> yourself
> > some time and do a web search.

> This style of response is OFF-LINE, and needs to cease.  The correct
> response is to supply either a 4-bit, 8-bit, or 16-bit look-up table.  Of
> course the CPU's cache is the final DETERMINANT on this Question.  Karl
M,
> chair.

Are there no limits to this man's audacity and idiocy?

1) Dann's response was on-topic (I'm guessing that you meant "off-topic"
when you said "OFF-LINE"), and redirections are generally a good idea. This
one was even polite. I can't see what you have against it.

2) The C language does not require that any computer have a CPU or a cache.
Was it Pete Seebach who claimed that he was an ANSI-compliant
implementation of C? It's certainly doable.

3) The fact that you now seem to consider yourself to be a chair is about
what I've come to expect from you.

When you can learn to post in English rather than Karlese, and when you can
learn to discuss C rather than Karlian pseudo-engineering, then maybe
people will consider the putative value of your opinions on topicality.

--
Richard Heathfield

comp.lang.c FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

"Use mixed case. UPPER CASE LOOKS AS IF YOU'RE SHOUTING." - RFC1855

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

[snip]

Quote:
>2) The C language does not require that any computer have a CPU or a cache.
>Was it Pete Seebach who claimed that he was an ANSI-compliant
>implementation of C? It's certainly doable.

Peter Seebach lacks the required documentation to be a conformant ANSI
C implementation.  :)

--
Chris Mears

ICQ: 36697123

C-FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

> > yourself
> > > some time and do a web search.

> > This style of response is OFF-LINE, and needs to cease.  The correct
> > response is to supply either a 4-bit, 8-bit, or 16-bit look-up table.
Of
> > course the CPU's cache is the final DETERMINANT on this Question.  Karl
> M,
> > chair.

> Are there no limits to this man's audacity and idiocy?

> 1) Dann's response was on-topic (I'm guessing that you meant "off-topic"
> when you said "OFF-LINE"), and redirections are generally a good idea.
This
> one was even polite. I can't see what you have against it.

> 2) The C language does not require that any computer have a CPU or a

cache.

This is total IDIOCY.  Why would anyone invent a new language without the
HARDWARE to run it?  Try again with your Question.  Karl M, local Chair.

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

> > > yourself

> > > This style of response is OFF-LINE, and needs to cease.  The correct
> > > response is to supply either a 4-bit, 8-bit, or 16-bit look-up table.
> Of
> > > course the CPU's cache is the final DETERMINANT on this Question.
Karl
> > M,
> > > chair.

> > Are there no limits to this man's audacity and idiocy?

> > 1) Dann's response was on-topic (I'm guessing that you meant
"off-topic"
> > when you said "OFF-LINE"), and redirections are generally a good idea.
> This
> > one was even polite. I can't see what you have against it.

> > 2) The C language does not require that any computer have a CPU or a
> cache.

> This is total IDIOCY.

You think an abstract machine is an idiotic concept? Are you sure you're in
the right newsgroup?

Quote:
> Why would anyone invent a new language without the
> HARDWARE to run it?

It's called an abstract machine. If you don't see its value, that's fine.
But those who do see its value are not necessarily idiots.

Quote:
>  Try again with your Question.  Karl M, local Chair.

Okay. Here's my question again: "Are there no limits to this man's audacity
and idiocy?"

--
Richard Heathfield

comp.lang.c FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

"Use mixed case. UPPER CASE LOOKS AS IF YOU'RE SHOUTING." - RFC1855

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

:> 2) The C language does not require that any computer have a CPU or a
: cache.

: This is total IDIOCY.  Why would anyone invent a new language without the
: HARDWARE to run it?  Try again with your Question.  Karl M, local Chair.

So you're suggesting, Karl, that we make a new C standard for every
computer system imaginable? Joona P, local Wardrobe.

--

| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

"Insanity is to be shared."
   - Tailgunner

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

[snip]

Quote:
>This is total IDIOCY.  Why would anyone invent a new language without the
>HARDWARE to run it?  Try again with your Question.  Karl M, local Chair.

Why would anyone invent a new variant on English without anyone else
to communicate with whilst using it?  Total IDIOCY indeed.

John, regional umbrella stand
--
John Winters.  Wallingford, Oxon, England.

The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux CDs in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:
>John, regional umbrella stand

(ROTFLMYAO)

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code
Try http://www.ross.net/crc/ for a crc reference implementation

//olme

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

save

> > Of
> Karl
> > > M,

> > > Are there no limits to this man's audacity and idiocy?

> > > 1) Dann's response was on-topic (I'm guessing that you meant
> "off-topic"
> > > when you said "OFF-LINE"), and redirections are generally a good idea.
> > This
> > > one was even polite. I can't see what you have against it.

> > > 2) The C language does not require that any computer have a CPU or a
> > cache.

> > This is total IDIOCY.

> You think an abstract machine is an idiotic concept? Are you sure you're
in
> the right newsgroup?

ABSOLUTELY.  If you've specified a MACHINE that cannot be built your
ANALYSIS HAS NO BASIS and your OPINION counts for NAUGHT.  Karl M, local
Chair.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code
 > ABSOLUTELY.  If you've specified a MACHINE that cannot be built your
 > ANALYSIS HAS NO BASIS and your OPINION counts for NAUGHT.  Karl M, local
 > Chair.

Exit Turing.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, kruislaan 413, 1098 sj  amsterdam, nederland, +31205924131
home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn  amsterdam, nederland; http://www.cwi.nl/~dik/

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

> > ABSOLUTELY.  If you've specified a MACHINE that cannot be built your
> > ANALYSIS HAS NO BASIS and your OPINION counts for NAUGHT.  Karl M, local
> > Chair.

>Exit Turing.

             ...pursued by a chair.

John
--
John Winters.  Wallingford, Oxon, England.

The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux CDs in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CRC-CCITT polynomial source code

Quote:

> > You think an abstract machine is an idiotic concept? Are you sure you're
> > in
> > the right newsgroup?

> ABSOLUTELY.  If you've specified a MACHINE that cannot be built your
> ANALYSIS HAS NO BASIS and your OPINION counts for NAUGHT.  Karl M, local
> Chair.

Euclid specified cirles and lines that cannot be drawn. His opinions
count for naught. Anyone care to reinvent geometry?

Gergo

--
If a thing's worth having, it's worth cheating for.
                -- W.C. Fields

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 20 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. For all programmer - Search code for calulate CRC-32, CRC-16/CCITT

2. WANTED: 32-bit CRC polynomial/algorithm/source code

3. CRC-CCITT

4. CRC-CCITT

5. CRC CCITT

6. Help with CRC (CCITT)

7. Help with CRC-CCITT

8. CRC-8 polynomial

9. CRC-8 polynomial

10. CRC source code ????

11. CRC-16 source code wanted

12. I need Polynomial fit source in C! *HELP*