Hopefully move to the next level
Author Message
 Hopefully move to the next level

Hi there all,

I am using the Book C How to Program and  have the book to be a good
learning tool.
I have been learning C for about 4months now and would like to learn more
topics on C.

The would like to learn more on
Algorithms,
Link List, Stack and Tress in C.
Managing Memory in C
Command Line Arguments

Topics like Linked List are covered however they are very short.

The rest of the topics mentioned are according to the book advanced so they
have lumped them up in One Chapter..!!!!!

What book can I get to learn the rest of these topics...or should I get the
K&R book that you all have mentioned.
Also I am learning C by myself so I hope that you will not recommend me a
book that says that to get the most of the book use it together in a College
Course.

Also what are the other interesting topics in CO that I should look out for
so that I can find them out in the web. I would like to move to Linux
programming so that I will be able to implement C in more practical
situation. Is that a reasonable move.

Thanks for all the help

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:13:34 GMT
 Hopefully move to the next level

Quote:

> I am using the Book C How to Program and  have the book to be a good
> learning tool.
> I have been learning C for about 4months now and would like to learn
> more topics on C.

> The would like to learn more on
> Algorithms,
> Link List, Stack and Tress in C.

Sedgewick "Algorithms" is good for these. There is a C version but I've
only read the Pascal version. I assume they are equivalent.

Quote:
> Managing Memory in C
> Command Line Arguments

K&R

Quote:
> Topics like Linked List are covered however they are very short.

> The rest of the topics mentioned are according to the book advanced so
> they have lumped them up in One Chapter..!!!!!

wow

Quote:
> What book can I get to learn the rest of these topics...or should I
> get the K&R book that you all have mentioned.

yes

Quote:
> Also I am learning C by myself so I hope that you will not recommend
> me a book that says that to get the most of the book use it together
> in a College Course.

wouldn't dream of it. The best way to learn to program, or to learn a
new programming language, is to program.

Quote:
> Also what are the other interesting topics in CO

CO? Depends what you want to do.

Quote:
> that I should look out for so that I can find them out in the web. I
> would like to move to Linux programming so that I will be able to
> implement C in more practical situation.

what is your current impractical situation?

Quote:
> Is that a reasonable move.

can't really say, because I don't know where you are coming from or
where you want to go.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 21:56:17 GMT

1. Boost Your Engineering Career To The Next Level

2. Take IIS Customaiztion to the next level

3. Multiple Level Dialog with Back, Next buttons

4. Multiple Level Dialog with Back, Next buttons

5. Multiple Level Dialog with Back, Next buttons

6. Visual Studio.Net: how do I move to next compile error

7. Moving the focus to the next TabIndex

8. How to move focus to next tab stop?

9. Trapping ENTER key to move to next control

10. Move focus to next item

11. How do i move Visual Studio to the top level

12. Class view moving classes from folder to top level