comp bs
Author Message
 comp bs

 What do I want from a chip?

 That it should run fast and not make mistakes.

 What do I want from an operating system?

 That it should be easy to use
 and it can run several operations at the same time
 (I believe, in the language of illiterate computerists,
  that is called 'multitasking')

 What do I want from a programming language?

 That it should be easy to write programmes
 (i.e. user friendly)
 (that definitely excludes C and C++)
 and should run fast when compiled.

 The BS and nit-picking that I read on ALL the comp newsgroups.

 What does it have to do with the answer to these three questions????

Yours truly, Allan Trojan, Toronto

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 15:04:33 GMT
 comp bs

Quote:
> What do I want from a programming language?

> That it should be easy to write programmes
> (i.e. user friendly)
> (that definitely excludes C and C++)
> and should run fast when compiled.

> The BS and nit-picking that I read on ALL the comp newsgroups.

> What does it have to do with the answer to these three questions????

Apparently it doesn't by your definition.  I think your musings on
today's technology are not wanted here.  This group is called
comp.lang.C (emphasis on the "C") for a reason.  You should stick to
comp.theory.perfection.whine.

Sun, 29 Jun 1997 05:29:33 GMT

1. Visual C++ Developer ( Bs. As. Argentina )

2. Borland Support: JD Powers AD is B.S.

3. alt.comp.databases,comp.databases,comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

4. comp.arch comp.unix.questions comp.unix.programmer

5. c/c++ book, comp.lang.c++, comp.lang.c++.leda, comp.lang.c++.moderated, comp.lang.c.moderated, comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior

6. Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.c++.moderated,comp.lang.c.moderated

7. Suggestions for two new groups - comp.lang.advocacy and comp.compilers.advocacy

8. Rogue Cancels in comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ originating from cnet.fr

9. Rogue Cancels in comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ originating from cnet.fr

10. comp.lang.prolog comp.lang.c

11. comp.lang.c/comp.lang.c++

12. Pre-RFD: comp.lang.c.advocacy and comp.lang.c.learn