Advice on simulation programmming
Author Message
 Advice on simulation programmming

I work in a training department for a utility company.  We are
interested in expanding our use of PC's in the classroom as
training aids.  I (and my co-workers) have already written several
pieces of software, and are interested in simulating plant
equipment.  Can anyone refer us to developemnet tools (preferably
found on the net somewhere) to help us?  Anything pertaining to
simulations or even games would be good.  Also, any books you
can suggest?

TIA...

Darren "Krak" Krakowski           | If con- is the opposite of pro-,     |
                                  | then congress must be the opposite   |

              -----   __o      \e/           /
          ------    _`\<,_      I          /
             ----  (*)/ (*)    `\\,      /
                               O/ O    /

Sat, 24 May 1997 01:04:32 GMT
 Advice on simulation programmming

Quote:
>I work in a training department for a utility company.  We are
>interested in expanding our use of PC's in the classroom as
>training aids.  I (and my co-workers) have already written several
>pieces of software, and are interested in simulating plant
>equipment.  Can anyone refer us to developemnet tools (preferably
>found on the net somewhere) to help us?  Anything pertaining to
>simulations or even games would be good.  Also, any books you
>can suggest?

>TIA...

I do not know much about the specific area you wish to simulate, but in
general this advice applies to most aspects of simulation:

Learn object-oriented programming, if you do not know it already.

Okay, I know it may be a little off topic in c.l.c, rather than c.l.c++,
but it really is a useful tool when you are working with anything containing
large numbers of independent elements, such as the typical simulation.
Once you have mastered OOP, simulations will appear trivial, as long as it
is easy to describe what the subject of the simulation does in well-defined
circumstances.

--

   Flames should be redirected to /dev/null - I don't know what
   I'm saying myself so don't expect it to make sense all the time!         */

Mon, 26 May 1997 05:29:43 GMT

1. Need Advice for Cache Simulation

2. PC Camera Programmming

3. PC Camera Programmming

4. simulation of VSSCANF() ?

5. Excel combobox simulation

6. simulation of Aloha protocol

7. Simulation in C

8. C-SIM (C oriented to perform simulation)

9. Solving equation with Monte Carlo simulation

10. pos simulation

11. Process table simulation help

12. simulation of a *queue* in a bank