CC Mode 5.21 Available 
Author Message
 CC Mode 5.21 Available

Release Announcement
CC Mode Version 5.21
Barry A. Warsaw and Martin Stjernholm

This message announces the availablity of a new version of CC Mode, a
GNU Emacs mode for editing C (ANSI and K&R), C++, Objective-C, Java
and CORBA's IDL code.  A list of user visible changes is summarized
below, and is also available from

        < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Since the distribution is fairly large and since it is readily
available via the Web, anonymous ftp, and email, the source code is
not being posted here.  Downloading instructions are provided further
down in this message.

If you want to get announcements of new CC Mode releases, send the
word `subscribe' in the body of a message to


Note that the cc-mode-victims mailing list was recently
decommissioned.  Send all CC Mode correspondence to


Getting CC Mode
===============

The canonical ftp site for the full CC Mode tar distribution is:

        <ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/emacs/cc-mode.tar.gz>

This is a gzip'd tar file containing the .el source code and
documentation, along with sundry other useful files.  See the MANIFEST
a complete list of the contained files.  You can get individual files
from the directory:

        <ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/emacs/cc-mode/>

Find out more about CC Mode on the Web:

        < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

For those of you without anon-ftp access, you can use the DEC

message in the body of your mail to that address to get CC Mode:

reply <a valid net address back to you>
connect ftp.python.org
binary
uuencode
chdir pub/emacs
get cc-mode.tar.gz

or just send the message "help" for more information on ftpmail.
Response times will vary with the number of requests in the queue.
Note that I am in no way connected with the DEC ftpmail'er so you are
own your own with this route.

Changes since 5.20
==================

- This is a bug fix release only.

Changes since 5.19
==================


  maintainers!

- Multiline macros are now handled, both as they affect indentation,
  and as recognized syntax.  New syntactic symbol cpp-macro-cont is
  assigned to second and subsequent lines of a multiline macro
  definition.

- A new style "user" which captures all non-hook-ified
  (i.e. top-level) .emacs file variable setings and customizations.
  Style "cc-mode" is an alias for "user" and is deprecated.  "gnu"
  style is still the default however.

- "java" style now conforms to Sun's JDK coding style.

- New commands c-beginning-of-defun, c-end-of-defun which are not
  bound by default to C-M-a and C-M-e.

- New and improved implementations of M-a (c-beginning-of-statement)
  and M-e (c-end-of-statement).

- C++ namespace blocks are supported, with new syntactic symbols
  namespace-open, namespace-close, and innamespace.

- File local variable settings of c-file-style and c-file-offsets
  makes the style variables local to that buffer only.

- New indentation functions c-lineup-close-paren,
  c-indent-one-line-block, c-lineup-dont-change.

- Various Imenu patches (thanks to Masatake Yamato, Jan Dubois, and
  Peter Pilgrim).

- Performance improvements.  Some improvements affect only Emacs or
  only XEmacs (see the variable c-enable-xemacs-performance-kludge-p).

- Improvements (hopefully!) to the way CC Mode is loaded.  You should
  now be able to do a (require 'cc-mode) to get the entire package
  loaded properly for customization in your .emacs file.  A new
  variable c-initialize-on-load controls this and is set to t by
  default.

- Usual assortment of bug fixes.



Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 CC Mode 5.21 Available

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ursprngliche Nachricht <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Warsaw) zum Thema [ANNOUNCEMENT] CC Mode 5.21 Available:
Quote:

> Release Announcement
> CC Mode Version 5.21
> Barry A. Warsaw and Martin Stjernholm

> This message announces the availablity of a new version of CC Mode, a
> GNU Emacs mode for editing C (ANSI and K&R), C++, Objective-C, Java
> and CORBA's IDL code.  A list of user visible changes is summarized
> below, and is also available from

>       <http://www.python.org/ftp/emacs/cc-details.html>

> Since the distribution is fairly large and since it is readily
> available via the Web, anonymous ftp, and email, the source code is
> not being posted here.  Downloading instructions are provided further
> down in this message.

> If you want to get announcements of new CC Mode releases, send the
> word `subscribe' in the body of a message to


> Note that the cc-mode-victims mailing list was recently
> decommissioned.  Send all CC Mode correspondence to


> Getting CC Mode
> ===============

> The canonical ftp site for the full CC Mode tar distribution is:

>       <ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/emacs/cc-mode.tar.gz>

> This is a gzip'd tar file containing the .el source code and
> documentation, along with sundry other useful files.  See the MANIFEST
> a complete list of the contained files.  You can get individual files
> from the directory:

>       <ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/emacs/cc-mode/>

> Find out more about CC Mode on the Web:

>       <http://www.python.org/ftp/emacs/>

> For those of you without anon-ftp access, you can use the DEC

> message in the body of your mail to that address to get CC Mode:

> reply <a valid net address back to you>
> connect ftp.python.org
> binary
> uuencode
> chdir pub/emacs
> get cc-mode.tar.gz

> or just send the message "help" for more information on ftpmail.
> Response times will vary with the number of requests in the queue.
> Note that I am in no way connected with the DEC ftpmail'er so you are
> own your own with this route.

> Changes since 5.20
> ==================

> - This is a bug fix release only.

> Changes since 5.19
> ==================


>   maintainers!

> - Multiline macros are now handled, both as they affect indentation,
>   and as recognized syntax.  New syntactic symbol cpp-macro-cont is
>   assigned to second and subsequent lines of a multiline macro
>   definition.

> - A new style "user" which captures all non-hook-ified
>   (i.e. top-level) .emacs file variable setings and customizations.
>   Style "cc-mode" is an alias for "user" and is deprecated.  "gnu"
>   style is still the default however.

> - "java" style now conforms to Sun's JDK coding style.

> - New commands c-beginning-of-defun, c-end-of-defun which are not
>   bound by default to C-M-a and C-M-e.

> - New and improved implementations of M-a (c-beginning-of-statement)
>   and M-e (c-end-of-statement).

> - C++ namespace blocks are supported, with new syntactic symbols
>   namespace-open, namespace-close, and innamespace.

> - File local variable settings of c-file-style and c-file-offsets
>   makes the style variables local to that buffer only.

> - New indentation functions c-lineup-close-paren,
>   c-indent-one-line-block, c-lineup-dont-change.

> - Various Imenu patches (thanks to Masatake Yamato, Jan Dubois, and
>   Peter Pilgrim).

> - Performance improvements.  Some improvements affect only Emacs or
>   only XEmacs (see the variable c-enable-xemacs-performance-kludge-p).

> - Improvements (hopefully!) to the way CC Mode is loaded.  You should
>   now be able to do a (require 'cc-mode) to get the entire package
>   loaded properly for customization in your .emacs file.  A new
>   variable c-initialize-on-load controls this and is set to t by
>   default.

> - Usual assortment of bug fixes.



Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ARC 5.21 Source for SCO Xenix

2. ANNOUNCE: CC Mode 5.14, Emacs mode for C, C++, Java, ObjC, IDL

3. Announce: cc-mode 4.322, an Emacs mode for C,C++,Objective-C,Java

4. CC Mode 5.25 for GNU Emacs and XEmacs

5. cc-mode: how ident comments

6. CC Mode 5.19 [REPOST]

7. ANNOUNCEMENT: CC Mode 5.17 for GNU Emacs

8. CC Mode version 4.379

9. Release announcement for cc-mode 4.353

10. CC Mode 5.24 for GNU Emacs and XEmacs

11. Announcing cc-mode 4.241 for Emacs

12. Announcing cc-mode 4.222

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software