Socket program using gcc on SUN Solaris 2.5.1
Author Message
 Socket program using gcc on SUN Solaris 2.5.1

I am looking for a book to read on how to make a program using
sockets.

Does anyone know of a good one to read?

Does anyone have an example of a socket program to pass a string
to another process?

Thanks in advance.
--
John W. Hamill      `"""""""   PROFS: SMTP(JHAMIL01)
Voice:(248)528-6139

:(248)528-6408

Troy, MI  48083-1189 R1100RS 94BMW  There is a $50.00 charge for any
junk sent
                 KZ440D2 LTD 81Kaw to me.       The above are my views
only!!

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Socket program using gcc on SUN Solaris 2.5.1

|> I am looking for a book to read on how to make a program using
|> sockets.
|>
|> Does anyone know of a good one to read?

_INternetworking with TCPIP_, by Comer and Stevens is one.

|> Does anyone have an example of a socket program to pass a string
|> to another process?

see the Unix Socket FAQ at:

http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~vic/sock-faq/

Hope this helps!

--

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Socket program using gcc on SUN Solaris 2.5.1

Quote:

>I am looking for a book to read on how to make a program using
>sockets.

Richard Stevens.  THE tcp/ip author.  There are tcp/ip and gcc and sun
newsgroups, by the way.

Quote:
>Does anyone know of a good one to read?

Yes.  See above.  A web search will turn up where to buy his most excellent
books.

Quote:
>Does anyone have an example of a socket program to pass a string
>to another process?

It is one of the examples in his books.

After reading the comp.protocols.tcpip FAQ, you will find that your
information was not far away {electronically speaking}.  The ironic part is
that in order to receive this FAQ, you will have to accomplish what you are
trying to accomplish.  Is that recursive?  I bet it would make a nice Hyku.
--
C-FAQ ftp sites: ftp://ftp.eskimo.com ftp://rtfm.mit.edu
Hypertext C-FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Installation of GCC on Sun Solaris

2. Problem of compiling C program in Sun Solaris

3. gcc binaries for Solaris 2.6 or any C/C++ Compiler for Solaris

4. Compiling programs that use sigaction(2) under Solaris 2.2 w/ gcc

5. Sun Solaris executable decompiler

6. HELP:: C Compilation on SUN SOLARIS

7. Signal handling in C software under Sun/SOLARIS

8. Q Sun/solaris compiler.

9. Playing wave files on Sun Solaris

10. Problems Porting clcc code from sun/os to solaris

11. Code Editor for Sun Solaris?

12. Undocumented mouse support in solaris (Sun OS 5.1)