Using 256 colour bitmaps in dialog box
Author Message
 Using 256 colour bitmaps in dialog box

Quote:

> I am using VC 5.0 ++ and want to create a splashscreen. The splashscreen
> consists of a 256 colour bitmap in a dialogbox, but it seems like, no matter
> what i do, that windows only will allow 16 colours on dialog boxes ?!

Sorry, but all of that is highly Windows specific, whereas in
comp.lang.c we prefer talking about the standard C language. But
you should check out one of the many many Windows related newsgroups
out there. For instance have a look at:

Stephan

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using 256 colour bitmaps in dialog box

Quote:

>Hey !

>I am using VC 5.0 ++ and want to create a splashscreen. The splashscreen
>consists of a 256 colour bitmap in a dialogbox, but it seems like, no matter
>what i do, that windows only will allow 16 colours on dialog boxes ?!

Your question is about Windows rather than the C programming language (which
has no support at all for graphics, colours or dialog boxes).

Quote:
>Can anybody help with code or info ?

You'll need to ask the Windows experts, try a newsgroup such as
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating 256 colour bitmaps

2. 256 Colour dialog picture

3. 256 color bitmaps in About Box

4. displaying 256 color bitmaps when screen is in 256 color mode

5. showing 256 color bitmaps with display settings set to 256 colors

6. Displaying 256 color Bitmaps in a Dialog, how?

7. 8 bit (256 color) bitmaps vs 24 bit bitmaps

8. How do you save 256 colour bitmaps if the palette and pixel colour values are not standard?

9. 256 Color Bitmap in a Dialog Box

10. Help using bitmaps as a background for dialog box

11. display 256 color bitmap in dialog box

12. displaying RGB DIB on 256 colour display - palette?