Simple question ( for those how knows the answer )
Author Message
 Simple question ( for those how knows the answer )

Hi there !

Im looking for a way to get the primary key components from an ORACLE
8 table from standard ANSI C. Does any1 know if this possible?

Environment:
Oracle: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production
OS: HP-UX
C: Standard Ansi C

Thanx in advance,

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:32:07 GMT
 Simple question ( for those how knows the answer )

Quote:
> Hi there !
> Im looking for a way to get the primary key components from an ORACLE
> 8 table from standard ANSI C. Does any1 know if this possible?

ISO standard C (previously called ANSI C) does not specify any way to
interface with external databases. You will have to consult ORACLE's
own implementations.

"All that flower power is no match for my glower power!"
   - Montgomery Burns

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:47:56 GMT
 Simple question ( for those how knows the answer )

Quote:

> Hi there !

> Im looking for a way to get the primary key components from an ORACLE
> 8 table from standard ANSI C. Does any1 know if this possible?

> Environment:
> Oracle: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production
> OS: HP-UX
> C: Standard Ansi C

Probably.

Oracle provide a couple of ways to connect to a database from
a C program.

You could ask in comp.databases.oracle.server or have a look
at the sample oci code Oracle have given you.

John.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:25:27 GMT

1. I know the answer is simple, but...

2. EventLog question (nobody knows the answer)

3. Easy ftp question (if you know the answer)

4. Beginner Questions where everybody knows the answer :)

5. A simple question, but still no answer

6. simple question, pls answer\

7. This question must have a simple answer.

8. Help... V Simple Questions Need Answering

9. Simple Question - Please Answer -- Anyone??!!

10. simple 2 line answer socket question

11. Need answer for probably very simple question...

12. A question for a simple answer