C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA
Author Message
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

C Programmers needed

5-10 years experience in C design & development

$40,000 - $55,000

UNIX, X, Sun, & HP platforms

Orlando, Florida

Must be US Citizen

Structured software design (CADRE TeamWork), understanding of Distributed
Computing Environment (DCE) is a plus.

This job involves working on the development of a fingerprint ID system.

exciting opportunity.

Matthew Schaefer, research analyst
Schaefer & Associates

Mon, 03 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

comp.lang.c:

=>C Programmers needed

=>5-10 years experience in C design & development

=>$40,000 - $55,000

=>UNIX, X, Sun, & HP platforms

=>Orlando, Florida

At these rates, for this experience, in this area, you would be best off NOT
hiring any one who applies. They are obviously undesirable. Why else would
they accept 50% of standard rates in an area where the cost of living is 125%
of the national average?

Of course, no one worth the standard rate would even apply to a company so
inconsiderate of others as to post help-wanted ads in discussion groups that
are carried around the world, at a cost to the uninterested recipient in many
cases.

Wizard's First Rule:
    People are stupid.
            - Terry Goodkind

Mon, 03 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Quote:

> Of course, no one worth the standard rate would even apply to a company so
> inconsiderate of others as to post help-wanted ads in discussion groups that
> are carried around the world, at a cost to the uninterested recipient in many
> cases.

   I live in Orlando and I can tell you exactly what this ad is about.  This
finger-print ID system is or will be open for bids. In order to show that they are
capable of doing the job, the bidders must submit resumes and qualifications of it's
employees (and potential employees.)  Lots of companies place this inviting sounding ads
to collect lots of resumes to submitt with their bids. Needless to say most of these
bidders will never get the job, so they will never hire anyone.  It's a waste of time to
responde to the majority of these companies, they don't have the job openings and never
will.  These ads are a come-on so that they can stuff the bids to make themselves look
better than they are.
  I know what I'm talking about my former employer also bid on this job.

                                             Joe Rigdon
                                             Oviedo, Florida

PS to the company placing this ad. If you have a problem with what I've said here, call
me me and prove me wrong. I've included my real name and address above.

Mon, 03 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

: At these rates, for this experience, in this area, you would be best off NOT
: hiring any one who applies. They are obviously undesirable. Why else would
: they accept 50% of standard rates in an area where the cost of living is 125%
: of the national average?
Because there are qualified people from other countries, such as India,
where 50% of the standard rate is a LOT of money if you take it back to
their native country. Don't assume that just because a programmer takes
low pay, they are substandard. There are multiple reasons why talented
inidividuals work for low pay.

: Of course, no one worth the standard rate would even apply to a company so
: inconsiderate of others as to post help-wanted ads in discussion groups that
: are carried around the world, at a cost to the uninterested recipient in many
: cases.
I find your post rather inconsiderate, since it never takes into account
that recent immigrants whom were professionals in their own country have a
hard time finding top paying jobs because of obvious discrimination.

: <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

: Wizard's First Rule:
:     People are stupid.
:             - Terry Goodkind

Yup, and you should apply that rule to yourself first and foremost.

Will

Tue, 04 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Quote:
> I find your post rather inconsiderate, since it never takes into account
> that recent immigrants whom were professionals in their own country have
> hard time finding top paying jobs because of obvious discrimination.

So are you saying that you plan to hire immigrants, and pay them half wages
because in some other country they would be making a lot of money?  Why
don't you hire immigrants or any other talented individual and pay them
full price?

-Dion Picco

Tue, 04 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

: C Programmers needed

: 5-10 years experience in C design & development

: $40,000 - $55,000

: UNIX, X, Sun, & HP platforms

: Orlando, Florida

: Must be US Citizen

: Structured software design (CADRE TeamWork), understanding of Distributed
: Computing Environment (DCE) is a plus.

: This job involves working on the development of a fingerprint ID system.

: exciting opportunity.

Looks like lots of training and experience, and very low pay.  I will stay
at home.

: Matthew Schaefer, research analyst
: Schaefer & Associates

Tue, 04 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

What does this:

Quote:
>I find your post rather inconsiderate, since it never takes into account
>that recent immigrants whom were professionals in their own country have a
>hard time finding top paying jobs because of obvious discrimination.

Have to do with this:

Quote:
>: Of course, no one worth the standard rate would even apply to a company so
>: inconsiderate of others as to post help-wanted ads in discussion groups that
>: are carried around the world, at a cost to the uninterested recipient in many
>: cases.

????
(The first paragraph was in response to the second paragraph)

It is simply inconsiderate and inappropriate to post "Help Wanted" posts
of any kind in discussion groups. There are appropriate "Jobs" groups
to post "Help Wanted" ads in. comp.sys.sun.admin is simply not a jobs group.

Tue, 04 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 C Programmers needed -- ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Quote:

>> Of course, no one worth the standard rate would even apply to a company so
>> inconsiderate of others as to post help-wanted ads in discussion groups that
>> are carried around the world, at a cost to the uninterested recipient in many
>> cases.
>I find your post rather inconsiderate, since it never takes into account
>that recent immigrants whom were professionals in their own country have a
>hard time finding top paying jobs because of obvious discrimination.

Me thinks perhaps thou does protest too much...

dm

Tue, 04 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need an embedded C Programmer/Consultant in Orlando FL (1yr contract)

2. BEST C PROGRAMMERS NEEDED FOR FLORIDA

3. MWave DSP microcode programmers needed in South Florida

4. "C" programmers needed in Florida

5. US-FL-Orlando Vector Graphics Programmer/Analyst Wanded

6. FL-Orlando, Sr Programmer (PERM), C++,GUI,Win3.1-WinNT

7. Electronic Commerce Programmer wanted in central Florida

8. Masterpack/UniVerse/SB+ (Pick) Programmer/Analyst Wanted in central Florida

9. USA:Florida C++ Programmer Position Open

10. Non-CS major C programmers

12. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code