We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX
Author Message
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Hi.

My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
how to do that?

That's the final project of the "Parallel and Distributed Computing"
course, at UAEM, Mexico.

Our deadline is Feb. 14th, 2003.

If you can help us, please do it.

Thanks.

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:23:40 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX
in comp.lang.c i read:

Quote:
>My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
>RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
>how to do that?

i suggest using an editor.  if you run into problems once you have some
code then post your issue here, provided it's a c language issue, if you
have an algorithm question you'll need to post elsewhere (your class
materials presumably contain the necessary description).

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:34:10 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:

> Hi.

> My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
> RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
> how to do that?

> That's the final project of the "Parallel and Distributed Computing"
> course, at UAEM, Mexico.

How about doing a web search to figure out what the "Strassen algorithm"
actually does

googleing for it:

http://www.ii.uib.no/~fredrikm/fredrik/debug/strassen.html

seems to be a nice explanation. The whole algorithm doesn't
seem to be *that* complicated. A little bit recursion and
some arithmetic and you are done.

--
Karl Heinz Buchegger

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:40:42 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:
> Hi.

> My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
> RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
> how to do that?

Maybe you should have went to class.

-Daniel

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:05:22 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:
>Hi.

>My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
>RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
>how to do that?

Yes, but I won't get any grade for doing your work ;-)
So here's what you should do:
1. Get your books plus additional books on that algorithm from the
library (that huge building with lots of books inside).
2. Read all descriptions of the Strassen algorithm.
3. Get a pen and some paper
4. Think about how you would explain it to someone not knowing it.
5. Try to use it with a few small matrixes "by hand" (or pen&paper).
6. Think about how you worked #5 (schematic steps of your
calculations)
7. write results from #6 down in free language
8. rephrase notes from #7 as rules
9. rephrase rules in any given programming language you want to use
10. edit your source-code derived from #9, compile and test it until
your programs runs flawlessly

*SCNR*

Quote:

>That's the final project of the "Parallel and Distributed Computing"
>course, at UAEM, Mexico.

>Our deadline is Feb. 14th, 2003.

Lots of time left to solve it yourself.

Quote:

>If you can help us, please do it.

>Thanks.

So what *IS* your problem?
Don't you understand the algoritm itself? -> wrong news group
Don't you know how to code in C? -> get some books and learn
Have you completed your coding and experience any errors? post your
source here and someone will help

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:31:05 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:

> Hi.

> My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a

I dont' know what Strassen is, but it's off topic on this newsgroup.

Quote:
> RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
> how to do that?
> That's the final project of the "Parallel and Distributed Computing"

You should probably look up the chapter on
MPI -"Message Passing Interface".

Quote:
> course, at UAEM, Mexico.

> Our deadline is Feb. 14th, 2003.

> If you can help us, please do it.

Are you not a little late on this?

--
espen

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:22:01 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:

>> Hi.

>> My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
>> RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
>> how to do that?

>Maybe you should have went to class.

>-Daniel

Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

PP

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:56:11 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:
>>Maybe you should have went to class.

>>-Daniel

> Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

My English is actually quite good considering I was raised in a cardboard
box full of greased sloats and suffered considerable damage to my frontal
lobe due to a freak nun attack at the age of eleven{*filter*}.

-Daniel

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:25:49 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:

>>> Hi.

>>> My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
>>> RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
>>> how to do that?

>>Maybe you should have went to class.
> Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

Um, Pika... need I even say it?

"Life without ostriches is like coffee with milk."
   - Mika P. Nieminen

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:40:41 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:25:49 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Daniel Fox

Quote:

>>>Maybe you should have went to class.

>>>-Daniel

>> Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

>My English is actually quite good considering I was raised in a cardboard
>box full of greased sloats and suffered considerable damage to my frontal
>lobe due to a freak nun attack at the age of eleven{*filter*}.

Not to mention the drinking problem ? :-)

--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scs/C-faq/top.html>

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:52:45 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:

>>>Maybe you should have went to class.

>>>-Daniel

>> Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

>My English is actually quite good considering I was raised in a cardboard
>box full of greased sloats and suffered considerable damage to my frontal
>lobe due to a freak nun attack at the age of eleven{*filter*}.

>-Daniel

Oh, I see. You're a Yorkshire man then?

PP

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:03:19 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:
> Hi.

> My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
> RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
> how to do that?

> That's the final project of the "Parallel and Distributed Computing"
> course, at UAEM, Mexico.

> Our deadline is Feb. 14th, 2003.

> If you can help us, please do it.

> Thanks.

After you've graduated without learning anything other than how
to beg for help on homework problems on Usenet and get hired by
one of our esteemed manglers and assigned to our project which is
rapidly approaching deadline, you will be:

1) Hated.
2) Taunted.
3) The victim of numerous practical jokes.
4) Beat senseless when the boss isn't looking.
5) Fired for incompetence.

Not necessarily in the above order.

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:48:55 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

says...

Quote:

>>>Maybe you should have went to class.

>> Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

>Um, Pika... need I even say it?

Say what, Joona? That I'm sweet?

PP

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:30:25 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX

Quote:

> says...

>>> Um, Daniel... Maybe you should have goed to English class...

>>Um, Pika... need I even say it?
> Say what, Joona? That I'm sweet?

With a surname of Palasokeri you must be sweet, but what I was really
meaning was that you too should have gone to English class.

"Nothing lasts forever - so why not destroy it now?"
   - Quake

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:39:20 GMT
 We need some help to implement Strassen algorithm in AIX
: Hi.

: My friends and I have to implement the Strassen algorithm in C, on a
: RS6000 series Regatta running AIX v. 5.0   Do anyone have an idea of
: how to do that?

: That's the final project of the "Parallel and Distributed Computing"
: course, at UAEM, Mexico.

: Our deadline is Feb. 14th, 2003.

: If you can help us, please do it.

: Thanks.

Actually, this question is a good one for this newsgroup since the Strassen
matrix-product O(n^2.81) algorithm involves decomposing matrices, and it is
an interesting test of C's ability to manage such decomposition. I am hoping
for the OPs' sake that n is a power of 2, BTW.

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:28:15 GMT

 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Q: Strassen-algorithm for matrix-multiplication

2. Strassen's Algorithm

3. Strassen's algorithm

4. need help with linux gcc on AIX

5. Need help to solve problem on Aix

6. HELP! Need help with this algorithm

7. Need help implementing these functions

8. Need help in implementing C functions

9. needing help learning how to implement this as a class

10. Need help implementing a CDialogBar

11. Need help implementing a class which has NO base class

12. Need help in Implementing Events