Parsing the Text File
Author Message
 Parsing the Text File

Hello,

I am in process of writing Text Parsing Tool.  Here is check which kidding
me a lot...could anybody help me out...!!!!

Input File
~~~~~~~~~~
CS
CN
RC
RY
VW
IS
CR
ST

Parsing Rule
~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the above Two character Codes will be in the single line and start
from begining of line.

All the codes are Non-mandatory, they may or maynot occur in the file

if any of the Character Code, it should be in the order specified in the
input file and should not jumbled like below

Incorrect                 CORRECT
~~~~~~~~~                 ~~~~~~~
ST                         VW
CR                         CR
VW                         ST

How can I acheive this......can anybody help with the code...!!!

Regards,
Govindaraj M.

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Parsing the Text File

Quote:

> Parsing Rule
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> All the above Two character Codes will be in the single line and start
> from begining of line.

A perfect place to use fgets, with a mere four character buffer.
If the buffer doesn't contain '\n', remember to discard the
rest of the line.  And remember that main returns an int in
a hosted implementation, in homework and in real programming.

--
MJSR

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Parsing the Text File

Quote:

> I am in process of writing Text Parsing Tool.  Here is check which kidding
> me a lot...could anybody help me out...!!!!

You _have_ tried to do your own homework first, of course, because you
are an honourable fellow like the rest of us. Because of that, you can
show us those bits of the code that you've still got problems with and
tell us why you have these problems. Please do so, so we can help you.

Richard

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. parsing of text files

2. parsing a text file.

3. Parsing a text file - newbie question

4. Need help parsing flat text file and with CString

5. Newbie: Parsing a text file.

6. Parsing text files in C

7. Text File Searching/Parsing Libraries

8. Parsing and ordering a text file.

9. parsing text files in a netwroked environment

10. mfc newbie: text file parsing

11. mfc newbie: text file parsing

12. Parsing text files with MFC