User Defined Data Types and Pointers
Author Message
 User Defined Data Types and Pointers

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the declaration of pointers and valid base
types.

Should I expect to encounter any problems declaring pointer with a user
defined
base type???

Thanks in advance,
Scott Murray

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 User Defined Data Types and Pointers

   Should I expect to encounter any problems declaring pointer with a user
   defined
   base type???

You should always expect to encounter problems with pointers.  That is
the nature of the beast.

However, you probably won't have many more problems with user-defined
types than with the standard C types.
--
(proud to be, by popular acclamation, the biggest {*filter*} in c.l.c)

Please: do not email me copies of your posts to comp.lang.c
        do not ask me C questions via email; post them instead

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP! user-defined data types

2. Returning user defined data types

3. Passing User defined data Type in ATL

4. type casting to / from pointers to incomplete data types

5. type casting to / from pointers to incomplete data types

6. pointer to an array OF pointers to integer data types

7. Interface returns user defined type???

8. Use of enums for user defined types

9. User defined types

10. User defined Type in ATL

11. Convert C++ (return type int, long, user-define, etc) function into COM/ATL

12. An array of user defined types