HELP:Displaying GIFs JPGs etc
Author Message
 HELP:Displaying GIFs JPGs etc

Greetings all!

Can anybody help me with info on how to display a 640x480x256 image (I
don't care what format)?  I have the basic functions down, setting
graphics modes, putting pixels on the screen, sprites etc, so all I
need is just decoding algorythms really... examples would be
appreciated tho.

        Thanks.         Greg

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:Displaying GIFs JPGs etc

[>Can anybody help me with info on how to display a 640x480x256 image (I
[>don't care what format)?  I have the basic functions down, setting
[>graphics modes, putting pixels on the screen, sprites etc, so all I
[>need is just decoding algorythms really... examples would be
[>appreciated tho.

------- Grab a copy of XV source code. It is a graphics viewer for
X-Windows, and will load just about any graphics format known to man
into its own internal format (an array of stuff, with a palette map
if needed). I grabbed its gif decoding/encoding routines, and they
work flawlessly. Try looking in

ftp.sunet.se/pub/X11/graphics/xv/
--
 Mariusz Zydyk                           http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mszydyk/

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:Displaying GIFs JPGs etc

Quote:

> Greetings all!

> Can anybody help me with info on how to display a 640x480x256 image (I
> don't care what format)?  I have the basic functions down, setting
> graphics modes, putting pixels on the screen, sprites etc, so all I
> need is just decoding algorythms really... examples would be
> appreciated tho.

>         Thanks.         Greg

Hi "Greg Tomkins",

Standard C does not support displaying graphics or decoding some images
file formats. If you have the basic functions, the algorithm is quite
easy: got hrough the image and set each pixel.

There is a newsgroup exspecially for graphical algorithms. Maybe they
can give you some tips on decoding image file formats:

Stephan
(self appointed member of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c)

Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. how do i display jpgs or gifs on a html control

2. How to display GIFs, BMPs, etc.?

3. Bitmaps, GIFs, and JPGs

4. HELP: Need to display JPGs in listboxes and windows

5. HELP: Need easy method to load/display JPGS in WIndows

6. C code to read and draw GIFs JPGs etc..

7. Need simple method to display JPGs

8. How to display JPGs in WIndows & MFC

9. Laoding and Displaying jpgs

10. Format of Animated GIFS or a 16/32bit OCX that can display them

11. Gifs and displaying images.

12. BC4.5: Displaying gifs (DOS)?