Writing serial data to the conm port?
Author Message
 Writing serial data to the conm port?

Are there any functions defined that enable you to write to the com
port! I would like to be able to send 7 values (6x10bit,1x16bit) out of
the serial com port to be picked up by a Microcontroller!
Any info would be a great help..

Thanks
Rich

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing serial data to the conm port?

Quote:
>Are there any functions defined that enable you to write to the com
>port! I would like to be able to send 7 values (6x10bit,1x16bit) out of
>the serial com port to be picked up by a Microcontroller!
>Any info would be a great help..

This is off topic for c.l.c. Ask in a newsgroup relating to your
operating system.

Mark McIntyre

C- FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing serial data to the conm port?
: Are there any functions defined that enable you to write to the com
: port!

Not in ANSI C.  ANSI is what comp.lang.c discusses.  What you need to do
needs platform specific functions.  Consult your compiler documentation or
post to a newsgroup which deals with your specific platform.  For example,
supposing you are working with DOS, then comp.os.msdos.programmer is
the place to go.

Paul

--
Paul D. Boyle

North Carolina State University
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing serial data to the conm port?

Quote:

> Are there any functions defined that enable you to write to the com
> port! I would like to be able to send 7 values (6x10bit,1x16bit) out of
> the serial com port to be picked up by a Microcontroller!
> Any info would be a great help..

> Thanks
> Rich

This is off-topic of c.l.c however here are a few places you could
look for more information! You didn't mention a OS so I'll assume
UNIX, just to be different to everyone who always assume Windows.

The "linux programmers bounce point" listed below has links to the
serial port programming HOWTO...

/*
 * C
 */

http://www.dinkumware.com/htm_cl/index.html   ( C Library Ref. )
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~jamie/C/index.html     ( C Links )
http://www.infosys.utas.edu.au/info/documentation/C/CStdLib.html ( C
Standard Library)
http://www.eng.usf.edu/~black/C-command.html  ( Ten commandments )
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html     ( comp.lang.c FAQ )
http://walden.mo.net/~mikemac/clink.html      ( C & C++ links )
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/cclass.html ( C class notes ? )
http://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/c-lang.html          ( C Material-Old stuff )
http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/c-www.html             ( Links )
http://www.wco.com/~ejia/EDU/program4.htm     ( Zillons of links )

/*
 * UNIX
 */
http://www.landfield.com/faqs/unix-faq/programmer/faq/  ( Unix
Programmers FAQ)
http://www.gator.net/~garyg/C/compiler.html   ( gcc Error Messges )
http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/                 ( GTK Programming )
http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/linux/programming/     ( Linux Programmers Bounce
Point )
http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~vic/sock-faq/       ( UNIX socket FAQ )
http://users.senet.com.au/~lloy0076/linux_c_programming/index.html
( Mailing list for Linux & C related questions )

/*
 * Newsgroups
 */

------------------
Rick Dearman

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing serial data to the conm port?
Visit www.taltech.com and look in the Free Software section of the
site for the complete source code to a RS232 terminal program written
in C/C++ for Windows 95/98.
There used to be a good book out there called "The C
Programmers Guide to Serial Communications" that contained source
code. You might find it in a good library or at www.amazon.com

Quote:
>Are there any functions defined that enable you to write to the com
>port! I would like to be able to send 7 values (6x10bit,1x16bit) out of
>the serial com port to be picked up by a Microcontroller!
>Any info would be a great help..

>Thanks
>Rich

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. writing ascii data to serial port 1 or 2

2. Writing Data to Serial Port Problem.

3. Serial port to serial port copying software

4. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port

5. Able to Write CHAR to serial port?

6. best way to write to serial port?

7. Write and Read on Serial Port of PC

8. Read/Write serial port using C#

9. Serial port read/write in C

10. Reading and writing to a serial port

11. Writing to a serial port?

12. write to serial port!!!