function dependancy
Author Message
 function dependancy

I have several C source files with a lot of functions defined inside. I want
to find all the functions in this files that call directly or not a certain
function. Is there a tool, command, tip, suggestion to help me?

(I have to find all the functions in some Linux daemons sources that call
some "dangerous" functions for security reasons).

Thanks

Plinio Conti
Student in Computer Science
University of Rome "La Sapienza"

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 function dependancy
I have several C source files with a lot of functions defined inside. I want
to find all the functions in this files that call directly or not a certain
function. Is there a tool, command, tip, suggestion to help me?

(I have to find all the functions in some Linux daemons sources that call
some "dangerous" functions for security reasons).

Thanks

Plinio Conti
Student in Computer Science
University of Rome "La Sapienza"

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 function dependancy

Quote:

>I have several C source files with a lot of functions defined inside. I want
>to find all the functions in this files that call directly or not a certain
>function. Is there a tool, command, tip, suggestion to help me?

grep springs to mind. try man grep...

Mark McIntyre

C- FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 function dependancy

Quote:

> I have several C source files with a lot of functions defined inside. I want
> to find all the functions in this files that call directly or not a certain
> function. Is there a tool, command, tip, suggestion to help me?

> (I have to find all the functions in some Linux daemons sources that call
> some "dangerous" functions for security reasons).

I always use the grep tool mentioned by Mark McIntyre in a previous
reply.

e.g.
$ grep 'gets.*(' sourcefile.c

Quote:

> Thanks

> Plinio Conti
> Student in Computer Science
> University of Rome "La Sapienza"

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Circular dependancy

2. dependancy on atl.dll

3. VC++6 dependancy on the network?

4. VC++ adds non-relative dependancy (basetsd.h)???

5. Dependancy generation for ANSI C source code for MS-DOS

6. Header non-dependancy check (*reverse* makedepend) 3rd post

7. Header non-dependancy checking

8. Inline forward dependancy

9. Request: Looking for dependancy tool.

10. Oleacc.dll new dependancy

11. How do I add an External Dependancy

12. Dependancy check