I am a begginer with borland turbo c for dos
Author Message
 I am a begginer with borland turbo c for dos

        I am going to start taking some classes on programmin in turbo
c++ for dos. Any tips would be highly appreciated!

                                thanks
                             nnnnnnnn     L      L
                                |          L     L
                                |            L L

Thu, 29 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I am a begginer with borland turbo c for dos

Quote:

>>        I am going to start taking some classes on programmin in turbo
>> c++ for dos. Any tips would be highly appreciated!

One key tip is to *carefully* look at the name of the newsgroup *prior*
to posting a question, Josh. If Turbo C++ is indeed to be your speciality
(as indicated by the wording of your message), you will find that there
is a newsgroup where your posts are likely to be more welcome than they
are here. That newsgroup is comp.lang.c++. You may also find
comp.os.msdos.programmer to be of value. Here in c.l.c, the only computer
language spoken is pure, portable, (sanctified) _Standard_ C. Amen.

[Excuse me for straying a bit...but have other readers noticed an
almost unprecedented flurry of extremely off-topic posts just within
the past few days? Might it be related to a new school year? Hmmm.].

      Linux for fun, M$ for $$$...and the NFL for what really counts!

Sat, 31 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I am a begginer with borland turbo c for dos

Quote:

>>>      I am going to start taking some classes on programmin in turbo
>>> c++ for dos. Any tips would be highly appreciated!

>One key tip is to *carefully* look at the name of the newsgroup *prior*
>to posting a question, Josh. If Turbo C++ is indeed to be your speciality
>(as indicated by the wording of your message), you will find that there
>is a newsgroup where your posts are likely to be more welcome than they
>are here. That newsgroup is comp.lang.c++. You may also find
>comp.os.msdos.programmer to be of value. Here in c.l.c, the only computer
>language spoken is pure, portable, (sanctified) _Standard_ C. Amen.

And in what way is a question about programming tips from a person who
says he's using a tool that compiles pure, portable, (sanctified)
_Standard_ C off topic?

Quote:
>[Excuse me for straying a bit...but have other readers noticed an
>almost unprecedented flurry of extremely off-topic posts just within
>the past few days? Might it be related to a new school year? Hmmm.].

Yup. I've also noticed an almost unprecedented flurry of messages
telling people to use another newsgroup, even though there question is
perfectly suited to this one.

Sat, 31 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ:Borland Turbo C/C++ for DOS

2. WANTED: Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 for DOS

3. Borland Turbo C/C++ for DOS

4. WTB Borland Turbo C++ for MS-DOS

5. FS: Borland Turbo C++ for Dos 3.0 Full Version

6. Writing DOS programs w/Borland Turbo C/C++ for Win

7. files bug in Borland Turbo C++ for DOS 3.0

8. problem solved (was files bug in Borland Turbo C++ for DOS 3.0)

9. Is version 3.0 the latest version of Borland Turbo C++ for DOS

10. need simple DOS text editor function (Borland Turbo C++ preferred)

11. Borland C/ Turbo C/ Turbo Vision Self Help

12. Overlaing a dos program in borland C 3.1 dos