Truncating an open file on UNIX
Author Message
 Truncating an open file on UNIX

Does anyone have an idea how to truncate an open file under UNIX.  I can do
this under windows with CFile::SetLength() but have no idea how to do it
under UNIX.

Please respond via email.

Chris Warr.

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Truncating an open file on UNIX

Quote:
> Does anyone have an idea how to truncate an open file under UNIX.  I can do
> this under windows with CFile::SetLength() but have no idea how to do it
> under UNIX.

> Please respond via email.

I read your post, you read mine.  Welcome to usenet.  This is not a write only
medium.

Quote:

> Chris Warr.

<Jack>

If you want to know how to do something on Unix with Unix OS calls, ask in

</Jack>

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TRUNCATING OPENED TEXT FILE

2. Truncating a binary file opened for read and write

3. how to truncate a file opened in text mode

4. Open a file with std::ofstream without truncate it

5. How do I truncate an already opened file?

6. How to truncate file opened r+?

7. problems opening reading and closing files in unix

8. "Too many open files" in UNIX

9. Truncating a fstream opened in ios::ate mode

10. can't open file: to many files open

11. Difference between MRU File Open and Regular File Open

12. Truncating a file.