Comments wanted: iostream code style
Author Message
 Comments wanted: iostream code style

   Here is a function to get a list of file names (may be quoted)
   from an istream object.

C does not have streams.  Please repost to comp.lang.c++.
--
(supporter of the campaign for grumpiness where grumpiness is due in c.l.c)

Please: do not email me copies of your posts to comp.lang.c
        do not ask me C questions via email; post them instead

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comments wanted: iostream code style

Quote:

>   Here is a function to get a list of file names (may be quoted)
>   from an istream object.

>C does not have streams.  Please repost to comp.lang.c++.

I think you meant "C does not have istream objects." :-)

<begin off-topic>
Since you are the (self-confessed) "biggest {*filter*} in c.l.c" (I saw the
original article which sparked this quite humorous addition to your
sig), you might be interested in something I noticed in the newspaper
today. Seems that one of the Washington, DC (USA) newspapers, upon
reporting that the CIA Headquarters building was to be renamed after
George Bush, conducted a survey of its readers about which presently
existing Federal building should be renamed after Bill Clinton. The
overwhelming answer was the Washington Monument.
<end off-topic>

--

Cameron Foster

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~cdfoster/

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Comments wanted: iostream code style

   >   Here is a function to get a list of file names (may be quoted)
   >   from an istream object.
   >
   >C does not have streams.  Please repost to comp.lang.c++.
   I think you meant "C does not have istream objects." :-)

Yes, that is what I mean.
--
(supporter of the campaign for grumpiness where grumpiness is due in c.l.c)

Please: do not email me copies of your posts to comp.lang.c
        do not ask me C questions via email; post them instead

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. javadoc style commenting for C code

2. Request for comment; Re: Coding style

3. Wanted: program to extract comments from C/C++ codes

4. Explorer style example code wanted

5. argument list style (was: coding style)

6. Commenting style (was: Call for folklore)

7. Style comments for beginner

8. Commenting Styles

9. DoDont series I: comment style I

10. DoDont series 1: comment style I