HELP: Need a good graphics/game programming book.
Author Message
 HELP: Need a good graphics/game programming book.

    Hey. I just finished a C programming course, and have read another
C/C++ book, but I didn't learn anything about graphics. I would like
to learn as much as I can about graphics in C/C++ langs, so I can start
writing some games. I have a Borland Turbo C++ compiler Ver. 3.0. Could
you suggest any good game programming books? Thank you very much I
really want to get started on a game. I am currently developing some
ideas right now. Thanks again. Later

Fri, 28 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Need a good graphics/game programming book.

Quote:
>    Hey. I just finished a C programming course, and have read another
>C/C++ book, but I didn't learn anything about graphics. I would like
>to learn as much as I can about graphics in C/C++ langs, so I can start
>writing some games. I have a Borland Turbo C++ compiler Ver. 3.0. Could
>you suggest any good game programming books? Thank you very much I
>really want to get started on a game. I am currently developing some
>ideas right now. Thanks again. Later

There is a utility called bgidraw (do an archie search of bgidraw.zip, or maybe I found it
 on AOl or CompuServe, I forget ???) that I found which might be useful to you. It is
a paint program that automatically generates C code for whatever you draw. Just take
the code it creates and paste it into your programs. It's fairly well done and, surprisingly
enough, it works!

Computer Engineering Major, M.I.T.
1st Dan - TaeKwonDo
Clarinetist Extraordinaire
Good-For-Nothing Hick From Montana

Fri, 28 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Need a good graphics/game programming book.
How's about:

   Flights of Fantasy

(I don't have the rest of the reference handy, sorry)

It shows how to write a flight simulator program in C++ from the ground up,
including how to link assembler language routines (also shown in the book)
that do high-speed graphics.

Best wishes.
--
Richard Baumann                         (805) 447-8391
International Clinical Safety

Sun, 30 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Need a good graphics/game programming book.
        Try "Zen and the Art of Graphics Programming" or "Tricks of the
Graphics Programming Gurus"

Sun, 30 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Need a good graphics/game programming book.

Quote:
>How's about:
>   Flights of Fantasy
>(I don't have the rest of the reference handy, sorry)
>It shows how to write a flight simulator program in C++ from the ground up,
>including how to link assembler language routines (also shown in the book)
>that do high-speed graphics.
>Best wishes.
>Richard Baumann                         (805) 447-8391

I know "me too" messages are a pain, but I'll second this.  Flights of Fantasy
taught me A LOT about PC graphics and 3-d modeling theory, starting from
ground zero.  Highly recommended.

John Sullivan

Tue, 02 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Best C/C++ game programming books survey

2. Need good graphics reference book

3. I need the game PACMAN in graphic mode (C) please HELP

4. Need good book on web video programming.

5. need a good book about modem programming.

6. !!!NEED HELP programming game!!!

7. need help with a loop in program of craps game

8. Help! Need a good book to learn C.

9. Good C books - help needed

10. Help! Need Good VC++/MFC Book

11. Games/Graphics programming in C