comp.unix.questions comp.misc
Author Message
 comp.unix.questions comp.misc

There was a recent article inquiring about the origin of the "endianism"
(as in little endian and big endian).

For those interested, I dug out a recent repost of Danny Cohen's paper
_ON HOLY WARS AND A PLEA FOR PEACE_.  This paper entertainingly details
both the literal origins of the terminology, and the machine byte ordering
differences to which these terms apply.

If you would like a copy of this paper, drop me a note via email.
If many people request copies, I'll repost the article to comp.misc.

--
Dave Hammond

Tue, 17 Nov 1992 21:14:00 GMT

1. comp.arch comp.unix.questions comp.unix.programmer

2. CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.lang.c.dos and comp.lang.c.unix

3. Tags++ (etags/ctags for C and C++) posted to comp.sources.misc

4. alt.comp.databases,comp.databases,comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

5. c/c++ book, comp.lang.c++, comp.lang.c++.leda, comp.lang.c++.moderated, comp.lang.c.moderated, comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior

6. comp.unix.questions

7. Unix specific questions in comp.lan

8. Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.c++.moderated,comp.lang.c.moderated

9. Suggestions for two new groups - comp.lang.advocacy and comp.compilers.advocacy

10. Rogue Cancels in comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ originating from cnet.fr

11. Rogue Cancels in comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ originating from cnet.fr

12. comp.lang.prolog comp.lang.c