Good FREE API for Linux?
Author Message
 Good FREE API for Linux?

Can anyone recommend a good free API for Linux. I'm running Red Hat 6.3
and KDevelop won't work:-(

BTW Don't advise me to upgrade to a later version, I CAN'T!

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:44:32 GMT
 Good FREE API for Linux?

Quote:

> Can anyone recommend a good free API for Linux. I'm running Red Hat 6.3
> and KDevelop won't work:-(

I've always been partial to POSIX, myself.

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:52:29 GMT
 Good FREE API for Linux?

Quote:

> Can anyone recommend a good free API for Linux. I'm running Red Hat 6.3
> and KDevelop won't work:-(

Are you sure you've got the right TLA (Three Letter Acronym)? KDevelop is
not an API (Application Programming Interface). Perhaps you meant IDE
(Integrated Development Environment).

Anyway, your question is off-topic in comp.lang.c where we discuss the C
language itself.

Try a web search:
google.com/search?q=linux+%22integrated+development+environment%22

Or look for a relevant newsgroup such as:
comp.os.linux.development.apps

--
Simon.

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:30:06 GMT
 Good FREE API for Linux?
Simon, you're absolutely rught, I meant IDE.

And yes, you're advice will be taken, thanks.

Quote:

> > Can anyone recommend a good free API for Linux. I'm running Red Hat 6.3
> > and KDevelop won't work:-(

> Are you sure you've got the right TLA (Three Letter Acronym)? KDevelop is
> not an API (Application Programming Interface). Perhaps you meant IDE
> (Integrated Development Environment).

> Anyway, your question is off-topic in comp.lang.c where we discuss the C
> language itself.

> Try a web search:
> google.com/search?q=linux+%22integrated+development+environment%22

> Or look for a relevant newsgroup such as:
> comp.os.linux.development.apps

> --
> Simon.

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:58:14 GMT
 Good FREE API for Linux?
There 's are some ..
my favorite is called "Anjuta" ..

regards

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:44:32 +1000

Quote:

> Can anyone recommend a good free API for Linux. I'm running Red Hat 6.3
> and KDevelop won't work:-(

> BTW Don't advise me to upgrade to a later version, I CAN'T!

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:37:00 GMT

1. API Monitor: Spy on API Calls with this Free Utility

2. API re-builder for Linux?

3. weird free() under Linux

4. C code for the linux command free on unix machine

5. good book on C and/or C++ (linux env)

6. C/C++ Programming on Linux: Good Books?

7. can anybody suggest which one is better for linux , GSM or ADPCM compression technique

8. Good C++ book - using Linux g++

9. which language is the better for database programming ( using the oracle db on the Linux)

10. Memory not freed after invoking HtmlHelp() API

11. Good book on Windows API

12. Best db API ADO or OLE DB for highly efficient code