Problem statically linking w/ X/Motif and AIX
Author Message
 Problem statically linking w/ X/Motif and AIX

I am trying to statically link the C run-time library (never mind why, but I
must) into an X/Motif program. The program is a simple one - only one
PushButton. Linking yields the output shown below. When I check the loadmap,
libX11.a is looking for the symbols shown. Any relevant suggestions welcome and
appreciated.

xlC -o foo foo.o -lXm -lXt -lX11 -bnso -bI:/lib/syscalls.exp
0706-317 ERROR: Unresolved or undefined symbols detected:
                 Symbols in error (followed by references) are
                 dumped to the load map.
                 The -bloadmap:<filename> option will create a load map.
smsocket
smsendbuff
pthread_yield
__iconv_open
smgetbuff
smrcvbuff
smfreebuff
smselect
smwait
smconnect

Sat, 07 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem statically linking w/ X/Motif and AIX

This is covered in the comp.unix.aix FAQ, but read
/usr/lpp/X11/README.SMT for the answer.
--
 +------All Views Expressed Are My Own And Not Necessarily Shared By IBM-----+

 + MCI Mail: 734-1182                 Personal URL: http://cactus.org/~woan/ +

Sun, 08 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
:
: xlC -o foo foo.o -lXm -lXt -lX11 -bnso -bI:/lib/syscalls.exp
: 0706-317 ERROR: Unresolved or undefined symbols detected:
:                  Symbols in error (followed by references) are
:                  dumped to the load map.
:                  The -bloadmap:<filename> option will create a load map.
: smsocket
: smsendbuff
: pthread_yield
: __iconv_open
: smgetbuff
: smrcvbuff
: smfreebuff
: smselect
: smwait
: smconnect

I got the same problem as Bob had. I've tried to add "-bnso \
-bI:/usr/lpp/X11/bin/smt.exp" in the command line, but it didn't work.
The error message shows like some library files are not linked.
Could anyone give a clear answer? Very much appreciated.
:

Wed, 11 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem statically linking w/ X/Motif and AIX

I don't know, that was precisely what I used to eliminate that message:

cc -o xapp xapp.o -bnso -bI:/lib/syscalls.exp -bI:/usr/lpp/X11/bin/smt.exp -lX11
--
 +------All Views Expressed Are My Own And Not Necessarily Shared By IBM-----+

 + MCI Mail: 734-1182                 Personal URL: http://cactus.org/~woan/ +

Fri, 13 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems statically linking MFC

2. Problems with statically linked MFC42.DLL

3. link 2001 error in statically linked mode only

4. link 2001 error when statically linking

5. MFC Statically linked vs Dinamically linked

6. AIX 4.1 alloca(): which library to link?

7. statically linked libraries

8. Howto link managed application statically

9. Statically Linked MFC app (VC 7.1) won't run from CD

10. ATL Server crashes when statically linked to a DLL

11. How to Debug Regular DLL Statically Linked to MFC

12. How statically link dlls to program?