Parallel port/ Serial port
Author Message
 Parallel port/ Serial port

I need examples of ANSI C programs for parallel port and/or serial port
access, Did anyone know where I could found some examples?

Thanks,

William

Sun, 28 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Parallel port/ Serial port

Quote:
> I need examples of ANSI C programs for parallel port and/or
serial port
> access, Did anyone know where I could found some examples?

> Thanks,

> William

Hi William,

There ARE NO ANSI C programs which can access parallel or serial
ports.  The minute you talk to specific hardware devices, you
are outside the bounds of the standard.  BTW, how the hardware
works is 100% platform and operating system dependent.

Serial ports on a Macintosh are different from serial ports on a
PC are different from serial ports on a Sun.

And on the same PC, the way you access the same serial port is
different in MS-DOS from Windows and Windows is different from
Linux...

You need to ask in a newsgroup which discussing programming for
your platform and operating system.  You didn't give us this
information, but one of these might help you:

comp.unix.programmer
comp.os.msdos.programmer
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc
comp.sys.mac.programmer
comp.os.os2.programmer
comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer
comp.os.msdos.djgpp

Jack

Tue, 30 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial port to serial port copying software

2. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port

3. Serial or Parallel port use

4. using serial and parallel ports

5. Parallel/serial ports

6. Serial Vs Parallel port?

7. C to parallel or serial port

8. Device Drivers for the Serial and Parallel Ports

9. reading data from serial/parallel port(s)

10. C for PC Serial or Parallel Port

11. Voltage generator thru serial/parallel port

12. Serial / Parallel port communication.