Calling 64 bit lib. from 32 bit program
Author Message
 Calling 64 bit lib. from 32 bit program

Hello,

I need to call a 64 bit compiled .so library functions of
which I don't have the sources.
The calling C program needs to be compiled 32 bit. This program
is available in source form.
Is this possible and how shuld it be done?
System is Solaris 8. Compiler is GNU.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:56:14 GMT
 Calling 64 bit lib. from 32 bit program

comp.lang.c:

Quote:
> Hello,

> I need to call a 64 bit compiled .so library functions of
> which I don't have the sources.

The C language does not have .so libraries, nor does it have 64 bit
programs or 32 bit programs.

Quote:
> The calling C program needs to be compiled 32 bit. This program
> is available in source form.
> Is this possible and how shuld it be done?
> System is Solaris 8. Compiler is GNU.

> Any help greatly appreciated.

This is not a language issue, this is all about platform specifics
such as your operating system, compiler, and executable formats.

its name.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:17:23 GMT
 Calling 64 bit lib. from 32 bit program

Quote:

> Hello,

> I need to call a 64 bit compiled .so library functions of
> which I don't have the sources.
> The calling C program needs to be compiled 32 bit. This program
> is available in source form.
> Is this possible and how shuld it be done?
> System is Solaris 8. Compiler is GNU.

> Any help greatly appreciated.

This is not a C language issue. It is a platform issue. What is a 64-bit
library? Who compiled it and for what? SPARC, ALPHA, Itanium, Hammer?

Why would a program need to be compiled to 32-bit and be required to
utilize 64-bit resources? Think about it!

And think about this too. If you are posting to the internet as root on
your system, you are exposing yourself to more than inspection (Look Ma,
She's {*filter*}!), but to unlimited intrusion (I f*cked her again Ma!).

Set up a user account for yourself and use that. Think about it!

                    --- Albert Einstein ---

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:39:37 GMT

1. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

2. Help: porting 32-bit app to 64-bit Dec Alpha

3. 64-bit integer on a 32-bit machine

4. emulating a 64 bit divide with 2 32 bit registers in ansi c

5. converting signed 64 bit - 32 bit

6. 64 bit operation on 32 bit PC

7. 64-bit chips, 32-bit compatibility?

8. REQUEST: 64-bit integer math on 32-bit processor

9. Accessing 32-bit com componet from 64-bit application

10. 32-bit vs 64-bit

11. Looking for: multiply and divide of 32 bit integers (64 bit result)

12. Tool 2 port 32 bit programms 2 64 bit