Help!!! Novice CS Advice
Author Message
 Help!!! Novice CS Advice

Hello,

I am interested in starting to learn about computer programming. My
problem is I do not know where to start!

Should I learn Pascal, C, C++... Where do I begin.

Is it neccasary for Turbo Pascal to be learned?

Please help me!! I am very confused.

Sun, 07 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!! Novice CS Advice

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am interested in starting to learn about computer programming. My
>problem is I do not know where to start!

>Should I learn Pascal, C, C++... Where do I begin.

>Is it neccasary for Turbo Pascal to be learned?

>Please help me!! I am very confused.

If you just want to tinker with programs, then try BASIC or Pascal.
If you think you might want to program for a vocation, then go with
C, and once you understand C, head for C++.

(My opinion here) C seems to be standard about everywhere except on
IBM mainframes, where Cobol still reigns.  C may be a little
difficult to learn, but once you understand "pointers" and
"addresses", you'll have a very good start on your career.

Warren Ring

Fri, 09 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

2. Novice seeking MFC advice

4. Some interesting novice questions from a novice guy

5. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code

6. Compiler error CS 1595 - Help

7. Help for a Novice C++ Programmer

8. non-novice needs help with variable arguements va_arg to a function

9. Please help C novice!

10. please help novice programmer

11. novice makefile question - HELP!!!!

12. Anyone willing to help a ANSI C novice