Degenerated and empty c program code wanted
Author Message
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

Hallo,
I want to test a software measurement tool
and need some degenerated and empty c program code.
Is there everyone who can help me?
Cornelius

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

Create a file with zero bytes in it.  You can't get much more degenerate
and empty than that, unless you are really depraved!

Quote:
> Hallo,
> I want to test a software measurement tool
> and need some degenerated and empty c program code.
> Is there everyone who can help me?
> Cornelius

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

Quote:

>Hallo,
>I want to test a software measurement tool
>and need some degenerated and empty c program code.
>Is there everyone who can help me?
>Cornelius

Try compiling and measuring this:

int main(int argc, char * argv[])   {   return 0;   }

Hard to get much more degenerate than that...

-J

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

Quote:

> Hallo,
> I want to test a software measurement tool
> and need some degenerated and empty c program code.
> Is there everyone who can help me?
> Cornelius

Buy some books by Herbert Schildt and use his examples :-)

Stephan

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

# >
# > Hallo,
# > I want to test a software measurement tool
# > and need some degenerated and empty c program code.
# > Is there everyone who can help me?
# > Cornelius
#
# Buy some books by Herbert Schildt and use his examples :-)

Hey! I knew those books must be good for some purpose.
This post belongs into the Hall Of Comp.Lang.C sniglets.
(Along with Briiing back my Seebach to meeeee, to meee).

Still ROTFL(),

        Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt  http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/People/schweikhardt/home.html

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

> >int main(int argc, char * argv[])   {   return 0;   }
> >Hard to get much more degenerate than that...

> main(){}

#if 0
main() {}
#endif

Maybe,
R.
--
Please remove REMOVE to reply.

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

>int main(int argc, char * argv[])   {   return 0;   }

>Hard to get much more degenerate than that...

main(){}

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

>> >int main(int argc, char * argv[])   {   return 0;   }
>> >Hard to get much more degenerate than that...

>> main(){}

>#if 0
>main() {}
>#endif

That isn't a valid C program since main() never actually gets defined.

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Degenerated and empty c program code wanted

Quote:
>>#if 0
>>main() {}
>>#endif

>That isn't a valid C program since main() never actually gets defined.

I think it does fit the bill as "a degenerate and empty" translation unit
though.  After the preprocessor gets through with it, it boils down to the
same thing as my earlier suggestion (an empty translation unit).  I'm not
sure that an empty file is valid (indeed, it generates warnings when I
"compile" one).   But that also helps out in the formation of "degenerate"
translation units.  This file:
   int i;

also clearly fits the bill. Certainly not a program, but the title line
asked for "program code" which, through a twisted interpretation, could
also include code pieces that can be assimilated into a program.

I'm at home, so I say anything I please.

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanted: Program to convert Pascal code to C code

2. Wanted: Program to scramble 'C' code

3. WANTED: "C" code line counter program

4. WANTED: "C" code line counter program

5. WANTED: program that prints executed code!

6. WANTED: program that prints executed code!

7. Wanted: C code formatting program

8. Wanted: C code formatting program

9. Wanted: program to extract comments from C/C++ codes

10. Sample MFC code wanted: Draw Program

11. Code/pointer to code wanted: An elementary C cost model

12. modem code/screen code wanted