Microsoft Visual C++ or Borland C++ ?
Author Message
 Microsoft Visual C++ or Borland C++ ?

Quote:
> Microsoft Visual C++ is easier to learn and more powerful.  You can
> create softwares more speedly and easily in Visual C++ than in Borland
> C++.

People who use Borland would argue vehemently against this. The simple
fact is that this is a highly charged religious issue, and really has
nothing to do with comp.lang.c. Any compiler can be best when you
carefully choose the test conditions and the experience of the programmer.
I use both Microsoft and Borland and tend to prefer Symantec and Watcom,
personally, but my view is probably only slightly less parochial than many
others.

MicroFirm: Down to the C in chips...
FidoNet 1:106/2000.6

Home of SNIPPETS - Current release:
      ftp.brokersys.com:/pub/snippets/snip9510.zip & snip9510.taz (.tar.Z)
      http://www.*-*-*.com/
      juge.com:/c/snip9510.lzh
      PDN nodes (SNIP9510.RAR) and SimTel mirror sites

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft Visual C++ or Borland C++ ?

: In article ,

: >
: > Dear sir,
: > I would like to learn up C++ programming on my own. But b4 I jump into
: > conclusion, which C++ should I go for ?
: > 1. Microsoft Visual C++
: > 2. Borland C++
: > I mean which is easier to learn and which is more powerful ?
: > Thanks.
: >
: Dear sir,
: Microsoft Visual C++ is easier to learn and more powerful.
: You can create softwares more speedly and easily in Visual C++ than in Borland C++.

I've had the exact opposite experience, so go figure. I wouldn't wish
VC++ on a competitor, and love BC++. Asking advice like this isn't very
productive. Read a benchmark or a review or something. If you're
learning C for the first time, it's all the same. I'd get the cheapest
compiler possible. If you're learning C++, both BC++ and VC++ have
pretty much drawn even in the C++ standards feature race. If you're
doing {*filter*} stuff in Windows, you need to know a lot more about
what's going on before you can make such a decision.

Scott

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Will Borland C++ compile with Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler

2. Microsoft Visual C++ vs. Borland C++ Builder

3. Importing Borland C++ files into Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0

4. Borland C++ 4.0 or Microsoft Visual C++

5. Borland C++ Builder vs Microsoft Visual C++

6. Looking for Microsoft Visual c++ 4.0 or a earlier Microsoft c/c++ compiler

7. C++ code : Visual C++ and Borland C++ compilers

8. C++ code : Visual C++ and Borland C++ compilers

9. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

10. Problem: differences between Borland and Microsoft Visual C++

11. Borland C++ Builder 4 vs Microsoft C++

12. Borland C/C++ or Microsoft C/C++