Linker??
Author Message
 Linker??

Does anyone have any idea how or where a person could obtain a Microsoft
(or compatable) linker?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..........

Thu, 06 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Linker??

Quote:

> Does anyone have any idea how or where a person could obtain a Microsoft
> (or compatable) linker?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well you can buy Micro$oft Visual C++.

I gather from the tone of your post that this is not what you want.  I
am not sure, but I believe that the linker that comes with lcc, lcclink
is compatible with Microsoft C and other programming products.  You can
find lcc at:

        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9069/index.html

There are several comercial linkers that might work, as well.  I also
believe that Borland's TLink will work as well.

Please note, you will very likely get better and more complete
information if you ask in one of the NewsGroups dedicated to MS-DOS,
Windows, for other Micro$oft products.

 comp.os.msdos.programmer           DOS O/S Related Issues
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc MS/Windows Programming

 MS-DOS/Wintel oriented news groups
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc,
 microsoft.public.vc.mfc,
 microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui,
 microsoft.public.vc.language,
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.controls
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.graphics
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.memory
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.multimedia
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.networks
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.nt.kernel-mode
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.ole
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.misc
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.owl
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.winsock
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.vxd
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
 comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp

Have fun and good luck.

I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
If you're going to have one,
why bother to be humble about it?
                                Joan Baez

Thu, 06 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Linker??

Quote:

> Does anyone have any idea how or where a person could obtain a Microsoft
> (or compatable) linker?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have your tried Microsoft ?
Have you tried your local software shop to uy a Microsoft compiler
package ?
Have you thought about the uses of a Microsoft Linker without a
Microsoft compiler ?

Stephan

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Linker??

scribbled :

Quote:
>Does anyone have any idea how or where a person could obtain a Microsoft
>(or compatable) linker?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks..........

A copy of TASM and TLINK should do it.
M$ VC++ will include a linker, obviously (but will it link DOS, that is
the question?)

Borland sell TASM, <www.borland.com>, but I'm not sure if they still do
it standalone.
--
Revised anti-spam in use : remove X to reply -
'Xnetbook' becomes 'netbook'

Anti-spam thermonuclear warheads cheap at only $300!

Sat, 08 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Linker??

Groovy hepcat Stephan Wilms was jivin' on Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:03:52
+0200 in comp.lang.c.
Re: Linker??'s a cool scene! Dig it!

Quote:
>> Does anyone have any idea how or where a person could obtain a Microsoft
>> (or compatable) linker?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Have your tried Microsoft ?

  What about older versions of DOS? DOS used to come with a linker
(for what reason I can't begin to guess). You can buy an old version
of DOS for a few $. You will have to mess about with the version table
(SETVER command, I think) to get the linker to work.

----- Dig the EVEN NEWER, MORE IMPROVED news sig!! -----

-------------- Shaggy was here! ---------------
    http://aardvark.apana.org.au/~phaywood/
============= Ain't I'm a dawg!! ==============

Tue, 18 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Linker??

Quote:

> Groovy hepcat Stephan Wilms was jivin' on Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:03:52
> +0200 in comp.lang.c.
> Re: Linker??'s a cool scene! Dig it!

> >> Does anyone have any idea how or where a person could obtain a Microsoft
> >> (or compatable) linker?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> >Have your tried Microsoft ?

>   What about older versions of DOS? DOS used to come with a linker
> (for what reason I can't begin to guess). You can buy an old version
> of DOS for a few $. You will have to mess about with the version table
> (SETVER command, I think) to get the linker to work.

I guess, that's true, but what I really meant was: "have you tried
contacting Microsoft, preferably via their WEB page". That's because
I heard that this linker is available for free from Microsoft.

Stephan

Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linker question: Why does the linker add 2K to each...

2. LNK1181: linker is looking for a library that is not used

3. Could someone explain linker warning LNK243?

4. VS.NET 2003 linker dependencies bug

5. Friend linker error Visual C++ .NET 2003

6. Linker cannot open file 'mfc70ud.lib'

7. Bug in managed C++ linker in VS2003?

8. Nasty (linker?) bug with 7.1, and friend templates

9. Help on linker error

10. ENORMOUS Pb with VC7 linker optimisation !

11. Missing VC++.NET Compiler and Linker Options tab

12. Missing Compiler and Linker Optios tabs