C to Fortran converter?
Author Message
 C to Fortran converter?

Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?

-JR Stone

Mon, 26 May 1997 00:58:40 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:
>Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
>fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?

When the guys who are working hard to finish the assembly to C converter
will get the job done, their next task will be a C to Fortran converter.

BTW, you forgot to mention what Fortran flavour you're interested in:
II, IV, 66, 77 or 90?

For the humour impaired: :-) :-) :-)

Dan
--
Dan Pop                       | The only reason God was able to make the
CERN, CN Division             | world in 7 days was he didn't have to remain

Tue, 27 May 1997 23:20:56 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:
>Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
>fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?
>-JR Stone

On the other hand Does anyone have a Fortran to C converter??

Marcus.

Wed, 28 May 1997 01:42:22 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:

>>Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
>>fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?
>When the guys who are working hard to finish the assembly to C converter
>will get the job done, their next task will be a C to Fortran converter.

Assembler to C could probably be done with a disassembler and sed,
unless niceties like self - modifying code are being used.

WRT C to Fortran 77: I think this violates the second law of
thermodynamics, at least for C libarary functions like malloc and
getc.
--

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double
logarithmic diagram.

Thu, 29 May 1997 01:55:25 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

: >Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
: >fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?

: >-JR Stone

: On the other hand Does anyone have a Fortran to C converter??

Yes.  It comes as part of the developement packages in the Slackware
distibution of Linux, as well as a Pascal to C converter.

: Marcus.

--
                        * O L D   I M P R O O V E D   . S I G *
                                        w i t h

Thu, 29 May 1997 07:11:34 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:
>: On the other hand Does anyone have a Fortran to C converter??
>Yes.  It comes as part of the developement packages in the Slackware
>distibution of Linux, as well as a Pascal to C converter.

This must be f2c, which is also available from Netlib.  Send mail

Isn't this topic in the FAQ?
--
                Matthew Saltzman
                Clemson University Math Sciences

Thu, 29 May 1997 10:10:17 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:

>>>Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
>>>fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?

>>When the guys who are working hard to finish the assembly to C converter
>>will get the job done, their next task will be a C to Fortran converter.

>Assembler to C could probably be done with a disassembler and sed,
>unless niceties like self - modifying code are being used.

>WRT C to Fortran 77: I think this violates the second law of
>thermodynamics, at least for C libarary functions like malloc and
>getc.

The same law of thermodynamics applies WRT assembly to C :-)

Dan
--
Dan Pop                       | The only reason God was able to make the
CERN, CN Division             | world in 7 days was he didn't have to remain

Fri, 30 May 1997 03:13:06 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:
>Does anyone know if a program exists which will convert C code to
>fortran code?  And where I can get it?  Anonymously FTP it?

Just one question:

Why?

Seriously, the preprocessor capabilities of C make it much easier
to convert Fortran to C than to do the reverse; in fact, these
capabilities (and a few other details, such as pointers to
pointers to structures containing pointers to structures
containing pointers to pointers to structures containing pointers
to functions) make it unlikely (IMHO) that anyone will ever
bother writing "c2f".  It's not that it couldn't be done; it's
just that the demand probably doesn't exist.

If you have a mixed-language problem, consider "f2c" instead.
(E-mail me if you can't find it.)

Cheers,
Stan.
--
HELP!  I'M BEING HELD PRISONER IN A .SIGNATURE FACTORY!

Fri, 30 May 1997 07:45:35 GMT
 C to Fortran converter?

Quote:

> On the other hand Does anyone have a Fortran to C converter??

> Marcus.

Look on archie for f2c.  It is free and converts Fortran77 to
C.

Steve

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 08:02:26 GMT

1. C to Fortran-77 Converter?

2. Fortran to C converter

3. Fortran to C converter WANTED

4. Fortran to C converter needed

5. Where to find Fortran to C converter?

6. Fortran to C converter

7. Fortran to C converter

8. fortran to C converter

9. Fortran to C converter