questions, questions, and than some
Author Message
 questions, questions, and than some

I am kind-of new to C programing and i could use some help. I resently
wrote a caluator program (yeah i know simple for you C guru's) and i
wanted to spice up my menu by making it in a colored table. Nothing
fancy, just wanted to experiment with it. Can anybody point me to some
pages that explain how to do this in unix C ? I found some but they are
extremly hard and way over my head. (game programing stuff...too hard
for me right now)

Any help would be great!
        Thanks in advance,
                Beth

Sat, 09 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 questions, questions, and than some

|> I am kind-of new to C programing and i could use some help. I resently
|> wrote a caluator program (yeah i know simple for you C guru's) and i
|> wanted to spice up my menu by making it in a colored table. Nothing
|> fancy, just wanted to experiment with it. Can anybody point me to some
|> pages that explain how to do this in unix C ? I found some but they are
|> extremly hard and way over my head. (game programing stuff...too hard
|> for me right now)

The C programming languge does not even define the concept of a screen,
let alone screen colors.  This being a platform-specific question, you
should narrow down your audience by posting this question in a forum
appropriate for your particular implementation/operating system.  c.l.c
is dedicated to discussing the platform-independent language itself.

(Language extensions such as curses/ncurses come to mind.)

Regards,

--

EROS Data Center             -+-   Telephone:  (605) 594-6829
Sioux Falls, SD 57198        G|S   Fax:        (605) 594-6490

Sat, 09 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 questions, questions, and than some

Quote:

> I am kind-of new to C programing and i could use some help. I resently
> wrote a caluator program (yeah i know simple for you C guru's) and i
> wanted to spice up my menu by making it in a colored table. Nothing
> fancy, just wanted to experiment with it. Can anybody point me to some
> pages that explain how to do this in unix C ? I found some but they are
> extremly hard and way over my head. (game programing stuff...too hard
> for me right now)

I'm afraid I don't know, and the answer is almost certainly "It
depends".  C tends to be very keen on device independence, so standard
input and output don't specify things like colours. The curses library
is widely used on Unix platforms, and may have colour-setting
functions; again, I'm not too sure. Your best bet is to ask the kind

question more easily.

-Edwin

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. question question question

2. This is a biztalk question but probably an easy question for you C# guru's

3. Non-Programming Question... experience question mostly

4. Not C program question, historical question

5. A question regarding FAQs question 12.2

6. Question FAQ question

7. Peer to peer board game - possible remoting question or design question

8. if(question) || if question

9. array question - beginner question

10. Solaris Unix Porting Question / Signals Question

11. A similar lint question (and questions about casts)

12. Newbie: CATALOG sample question (SIMPLE question)