Book to learn C/C++
Author Message
 Book to learn C/C++

I am looking for a good book to learn C/C++ with.

A friend of mine lent me the book "Learn C in 21 Days, 2nd edition " by SAMS
publishing.  I have read the first few chapters and understand everything so
far.

Is there a better book I should consider?

Background:

I made the transition from mainframe COBOL to Visual Basic over a year ago
with no problem.

Now I want to learn C/C++. My goal is to eventually do Windows programming.  I
already have my compiler (VC++1.51/VC++2.0) and tools, so I just need a good
book to get me going.

Thanks In Advance...Brad.
Opinions expressed are my own and do not represent the
views of the company.

Tue, 20 May 1997 01:53:49 GMT
 Book to learn C/C++

Quote:

> I am looking for a good book to learn C/C++ with.

> A friend of mine lent me the book "Learn C in 21 Days, 2nd edition " by SAMS
> publishing.  I have read the first few chapters and understand everything so
> far.

> Is there a better book I should consider?

> Background:

> I made the transition from mainframe COBOL to Visual Basic over a year ago
> with no problem.

> Now I want to learn C/C++. My goal is to eventually do Windows
programming.  I
> already have my compiler (VC++1.51/VC++2.0) and tools, so I just need a good
> book to get me going.

> Thanks In Advance...Brad.
> Opinions expressed are my own and do not represent the
> views of the company.

Why not use the creator's book?  The C Programming Language....Kernighan
and Ritchie, Prentice Hall.  There is also another one that is good, C
Primer, Waite & Prata, SAMS Publishing, both concise and easily
understood.

clarissa

Wed, 21 May 1997 05:52:51 GMT

2. FS: Programming and CS Books --- CHEAP

3. book to learn C++ for C programmers

4. Books: Which ones best for learning C/C++

5. Best book(s) for learning C, C++?

6. VISUAL C++ Learning Sites / Books

7. Good books for learning c/c++?

8. Good book for learning C/C++

9. Best books on using VC and learning C++ ?

10. Book to learn C++

11. Problem Loading VC++ 1.0 from CD Supplied with Learn Visual C++ Now Book from MS Press