how to set the position of the text-cursor ?!°
Author Message
 how to set the position of the text-cursor ?!°

hi!

i'm quite new with c and looking for a  s i m p l e  way to set the
text-curor to a certain
position within the actual shell. something similar to gotoxy in
Pascal...
the operationsystem i'm working on is solaris.

thanx a lot
steve

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to set the position of the text-cursor ?!°

Quote:

> hi!

> i'm quite new with c and looking for a  s i m p l e  way to set the
> text-curor to a certain
> position within the actual shell. something similar to gotoxy in
> pascal...
> the operationsystem i'm working on is solaris.

This is a higly platform dependent function.  Your best bet is to ask on
a newgroup for you platform.

If you are using Unix try lloking at the curses library.

If you {*filter*}a smurf, what color does it turn?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
I spilled Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

READ THE FAQ for more information:
   C-FAQ ftp sites: ftp://ftp.eskimo.com or ftp://rtfm.mit.edu
   Hypertext C-FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scs/C-faq/top.html

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to set the position of the text-cursor ?!°

Quote:
>hi!

>i'm quite new with c and looking for a  s i m p l e  way to set the
>text-curor to a certain
>position within the actual shell. something similar to gotoxy in
>pascal...

Neither C nor Pascal support graphics or screen handling operations. gotoxy
isn't part of Pascal but rather an extension provided by the particular
Pascal compiler you are using. The sutuation is the same for C - you will
have to find some platform/compiler related extension to do what you want.

Quote:
>the operationsystem i'm working on is solaris.

Try asking on comp.unix.programmer for how this might be done under Unix.
They have a screen handling library called "Curses" that you will probably
need to look into.

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. setting the position of the text cursor

2. how could I set the position of the cursor

3. set cursor position in c

4. CEdit: Setting cursor position

5. CEdit: set cursor to specific position

6. set cursor position for console application?

7. How to set the cursor position in CEdit????

8. How to set the cursor position in CEdit????

9. Setting cursor position before selection

10. rich text box cursor position?

11. Determining cursor position in text box in C++ .NET

12. Getting cursor position and text from OE compose window (Internet Explorer_Server)