FS: "Practical C Programming", 3rd edition
Author Message
 FS: "Practical C Programming", 3rd edition

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: "Practical C Programming", 3rd edition
On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:02:41 +0000, Alisdair McDiarmid

Quote:

>An excellent guide to programming in the C language; yet another
>superb O'Reilly book. Highly recommended by ACCU.

This is not quite accurate.

There is one "Highly Recommended" review at ACCU but also another, more
considered, "Not Recommended" review:

http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/rvout.cgi?from=0sb_beginner_s_c&file=p001...

A quote from that review:

"Sadly, in this case, I think that the author's understanding of programming
and C in particular is superficial. He reacts to criticism by correcting
what he thinks are the errors but without understanding the issues."

I'll assume that you didn't see the other review and weren't being dishonest.

Dave Cook

Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FS: "The C Programming Language"

2. FS: "Professional SQL Server 7.0 Programming"

3. FS: "Professional Atl Com Programming"

4. FS: "Beginning ATL 3 COM Programming"

5. FS: "Advanced Windows" 3rd Edition, with CD

6. FS: "Advanced Windows" 3rd Edition, with CD

7. FS: "Advanced Windows" 3rd Edition, with CD

8. FS: "Advanced Windows" 3rd Edition, with CD

9. FS: "Advanced Windows" 3rd Edition, with CD

10. FS: "Advanced Windows" 3rd Edition, with CD

11. FS: Lots of "older" development tools

12. FS: "Numerical Recipes in C"