C source analyser/profiler
Author Message
 C source analyser/profiler

We currently use a C compiler on a Unix platform.
A lot (100 files) of the source code is legacy code with limited
documentation.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a source for a tool that will analyse
a large number of interrelated C program files and produce a file dependency
list for:

     variables (where used and defined),
     procedures (where used and defined)
     include files (what the nesting is, etc)
     other dependencies, etc

Thanking you in anticipation.

Robert Sharpe
Motorola
Basingstoke
England
+44 (0) 1256 484025

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C source analyser/profiler
Some unix systems offer a program called cflow() which can produce a subset of
the information you need.
Quote:

> We currently use a C compiler on a Unix platform.
> A lot (100 files) of the source code is legacy code with limited
> documentation.

> Can anyone please tell me if there is a source for a tool that will analyse
> a large number of interrelated C program files and produce a file dependency
> list for:

>      variables (where used and defined),
>      procedures (where used and defined)
>      include files (what the nesting is, etc)
>      other dependencies, etc

> Thanking you in anticipation.

> Robert Sharpe
> Motorola
> Basingstoke
> England
> +44 (0) 1256 484025

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C source analyser/profiler

Quote:

> We currently use a C compiler on a Unix platform.
> A lot (100 files) of the source code is legacy code with limited
> documentation.

> Can anyone please tell me if there is a source for a tool that will analyse
> a large number of interrelated C program files and produce a file dependency
> list for:

>      variables (where used and defined),
>      procedures (where used and defined)
>      include files (what the nesting is, etc)
>      other dependencies, etc

> Thanking you in anticipation.

> Robert Sharpe
> Motorola
> Basingstoke
> England
> +44 (0) 1256 484025

You might find 'cxref' useful. It is a freely available tool for generating
cross references for C files.
It can be found either by an archie search for 'cxref-1.2', or at the following

HTH,

--

Linux -- the best things in life are for free.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. C Source code analyser

2. WANTED: C source analyser, showing function calls.

3. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

4. cs source code

6. Source profiler for C

7. MS-DOS Profiler (PROBE source?)

8. Source Code Profiler

9. Source profiler unavailable

10. Problems with Microsoft's Source Profiler

11. C code analyser

12. C code analyser