Code Cover Test tool gprof?
Author Message
 Code Cover Test tool gprof?

I use gprof (On turbolinux 6.5 Server)

someone told me that see the time cost,
you know which function is covered.

but I want to know which statement(NOT ONLY function is covered?)

see the source code below:
if () {
  statement1;

Quote:
}

else{
  statement2;

Quote:
}

I want to know if the statement 2 is excuted?

so what should I do?
gprof?

or gdb with some conditional breakpoints?
then how to set the conditional breakpoints on every line of the
source code? tips or some softs.
do not tell me manually :)

--
Posted from  [210.74.236.18]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:50:17 GMT
 Code Cover Test tool gprof?
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:50:17 +0000 (UTC), "Chen Bin"

Quote:
> I use gprof (On turbolinux 6.5 Server)

> someone told me that see the time cost,
> you know which function is covered.

> but I want to know which statement(NOT ONLY function is covered?)

> see the source code below:
> if () {
>   statement1;
> }
> else{
>   statement2;
> }

> I want to know if the statement 2 is excuted?

> so what should I do?
> gprof?

> or gdb with some conditional breakpoints?
> then how to set the conditional breakpoints on every line of the
> source code? tips or some softs.
> do not tell me manually :)

Sorry, but even specific compilers are off-topic here, as they are not
defined by the standard.  Extra support tools like profilers and
de{*filter*}s are completely beyond this group's scope.

I'd suggest one of the groups in the gnu.gcc.* family.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:29:44 GMT
 Code Cover Test tool gprof?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Code Cover Test tool gprof?
c.u.p added

Quote:

> I use gprof (On turbolinux 6.5 Server)

> someone told me that see the time cost,
> you know which function is covered.

> but I want to know which statement(NOT ONLY function is covered?)

> see the source code below:
> if () {
>   statement1;
> }
> else{
>   statement2;
> }

> I want to know if the statement 2 is excuted?

> so what should I do?
> gprof?

> or gdb with some conditional breakpoints?
> then how to set the conditional breakpoints on every line of the
> source code? tips or some softs.
> do not tell me manually :)

This solution, sorry to say, includes manuality.

You could gdb it w/ break points, but my 'man gprof' tells to turn to
man prof(5) :

NAME
     prof - profile within a function

SYNOPSIS
#define MARK
#include <prof.h>

 void MARK(name);

DESCRIPTION
    MARK introduces a mark called  name that is treated the same
     as  a function entry point.  Execution of the mark adds to a
     counter for that mark, and  program-counter  time  spent  is
     accounted  to the immediately preceding mark or to the func-
     tion if there are no preceding marks within the active func-
     tion.

..etc.

HTH.

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:29:13 GMT
 Code Cover Test tool gprof?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Code Cover Test tool gprof?

Chen Bin says...

Quote:

> someone told me that see the time cost,
> you know which function is covered.

> but I want to know which statement(NOT ONLY function is covered?)

Try gcov.
or gct.

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:12:20 GMT

1. AD: C-Cover Test Coverage Analyzer 3.1 for Windows

2. Test Coverage Analyzer C-Cover 3.0 Released

3. test test test test

4. C/C++ Code Reviews and Automatic Coding Standards and Metrics Tool

5. ANN. Unit Testing Tool for .NET languages - HarnessIt

6. VC++ support of UML/Test tools

7. Automatic test tool for .NET

8. Harness Test Tool!!

9. Calling for beta testing of Registry Editing tool for .NET

10. CUnit and C++ Unit testing tools

11. COMMENTS ON GRAY-BOX TESTING METHOD/TOOLS

12. Press Release: Java Testing Tool