RPC services without binding to RPC Bind/PortMap?
Author Message
 RPC services without binding to RPC Bind/PortMap?

I have problem in creating (ONC/TI)RPC Servcer and Client which do not
require RPCBind/PortMapper (which I assume is possible)?

I have been succesful in being able to create a number of RPC services
using the top-level RPC calls.

I know that the lower level calls allow me to specify the transport
and such, and also allow me to not use RPCBind. But I seem to have
some difficulty doing so. I usually seem to get the server up and
running fine (or so it seems), but my client can never connect
successfully.

Can anyone provide me with any sample code, hints, suggestion or
anything on how to go about doing crerating an RPC Server and Client
that does not use RPCBind/PortMapper.

Sat, 14 May 2005 23:32:46 GMT
 RPC services without binding to RPC Bind/PortMap?

on comp.lang.c:

Quote:
> I have problem in creating (ONC/TI)RPC Servcer and Client which do not
> require RPCBind/PortMapper (which I assume is possible)?

This is completely off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please keep your
crossposting to newsgroups where RPC is topical, thanks.

"You will be given the plague."
   - Montgomery Burns

Sat, 14 May 2005 23:41:33 GMT
 RPC services without binding to RPC Bind/PortMap?

Quote:
> I have problem in creating (ONC/TI)RPC Servcer and Client which do not
> require RPCBind/PortMapper (which I assume is possible)?

> I have been succesful in being able to create a number of RPC services
> using the top-level RPC calls.

> I know that the lower level calls allow me to specify the transport
> and such, and also allow me to not use RPCBind. But I seem to have
> some difficulty doing so. I usually seem to get the server up and
> running fine (or so it seems), but my client can never connect
> successfully.

The usual newsgroup for this is comp.protocols.nfs.

Not so obvious, but since NFS is an RPC protocol, that is where
it is usually discussed.

-- glen

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:15:48 GMT

1. Q on RPC Client Binding handle...

2. RPC client binding - when?

3. RPC - I need help getting started with RPC

4. Java RPC : ONC RPC In Java - index.html (0/1)

5. Early binding vs late binding

6. data binding : Binding custom business objects to datagrids

7. Forwarding One RPC Service to Another?

8. How to bind ADO data bound controls in Visual C++

9. early binding and late binding in ATL

10. HOWTO: display a dialog box from a NT service using RPC

11. How to bind Data bound Grid with ADORecordset?

12. MFC-RPC Application Running as an NT Service