Shared Libraries vs. Shared Executables
Author Message
 Shared Libraries vs. Shared Executables

Working on HP-UX 10.20 trying to port source code from R/S 6000 AIX.  I am
having trouble creating a shared executable.  I can get as far as a shared
library, but not an executable.  From a process view, there is a core loader
program that will dynamically load customer specific loader routines from an
executable depending on an information retrieved from Oracle.

Attached is the output from the makefile:

dev1 (cdev) >make cmbudef2_load
        cd /u20/home/apacapp/cdev/ftc/cs/obj; \
        ld -L/u50/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/lib -lm  cmbudef2_load.o -o
/u20/home/apacapp/cdev/ftc/cs/bin/cmbudef2_load \
/u50/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/lib/libclient.a -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclie
nt -lcommon -lgeneric -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon -lgeneric
-lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lc3v6 -lcore3 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore3 -lnlsrtl3     `cat
/u50/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/rdbms/lib/sysliblist`   -lm -lcore3 `cat
/u50/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/rdbms/lib/sysliblist` -e
MBCalcUdef2  -L/u20/home/apacapp/cdev/ftc/cs/bin -b -n  +e  OpenCursor   +e
Parseit   +e  FreeSQLMemory   +e  ExecuteSQL   +e  FetchOneRow   +e
SetupOutput   +e  SetupNumericOutput   +e  DoSingleQuery   +e  HandleErrors
+e  FindFieldLength   +e  FindFieldAddress   +e  LogError   +e  li_name   +e
BindString   +e  BindNumber   +e  IsPopulated   +e  CloseCursor   +e
GetPPSQL
        chmod g+w /u20/home/apacapp/cdev/ftc/cs/bin/cmbudef2_load

Error when attempting to execute:
        Unable to load custom function cmbudef2_load : Unresolved External
        Execution of hourly will now terminate.

--
Joe Schumacher
APAC Teleservices

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Shared Libraries vs. Shared Executables

Quote:
>Working on HP-UX 10.20 trying to port source code from R/S 6000 AIX.  I am
>having trouble creating a shared executable.  I can get as far as a shared
>library, but not an executable.  From a process view, there is a core loader
>program that will dynamically load customer specific loader routines from an
>executable depending on an information retrieved from Oracle.

Issues such as this are platform specific, the C language doesn't specify
compilation procedures, library formats and so on. If you are having
problems under HP-UX I would recommend that you as in an HP-UX related
newsgroup such as comp.sys.hp.hpux.

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. UNIX - Shared, non shared libraries need some information about this subject

2. MFC Shared VS Static Library

3. static vs shared libraries

4. MFC Static vs. Shared Library -- resources not found

5. MFC shared DLL vs static library

6. DoModal() crash with MFC shared DLL vs static library

7. static vs shared libraries

8. DoModal() crash. (MFC shared DLL vs static library)

9. Linking archive libraries with shared libraries

10. Changing from using shared libraries to static libraries.

11. Changing from using shared libraries to static libraries.

12. shared DLL code among separate executables??