OCX Control Returning *double?
Author Message
 OCX Control Returning *double?

Hi,

I'm trying to write my first custom control using msvc 4.0.  So far I've
found it surprisingly simple to add properties and methods to my new
control and access them using Visual Basic (the intended environment).

However, the control that I want to design has a method that will return
an array of doubles.  So far I've been unable to get this to work, or even
determine if VB can handle it.

Pointers to newsgroups, documentation, web pages, etc. would be
appreciated!

Regards,

Gary Huntress
Naval Undersea Warfare Center

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control Returning *double?

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm trying to write my first custom control using msvc 4.0.  So far I've
>found it surprisingly simple to add properties and methods to my new
>control and access them using visual basic (the intended environment).

To do this you are using extensions to the C language provided by MSVC 4.0
and Windows. The C language iself has no support for OCX so comp.lang.c
isn't a good place to discuss it. Try a Windows related newsgroup such
as comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc.

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control Returning *double?

: I'm trying to write my first custom control using msvc 4.0.  So far I've
: found it surprisingly simple to add properties and methods to my new
: control and access them using visual basic (the intended environment).

: Pointers to newsgroups, documentation, web pages, etc. would be
: appreciated!

I suggest that you try posting in one of the Newsgroups on
Microsoft's dedicated News Server. Set the config of your
News Reader to select the News Server as: msnews.microsoft.com
and retrieve a list of Newsgroups.
--
 - Wayne A. King

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OCX Control Returning *double?

: I'm trying to write my first custom control using msvc 4.0.

: Pointers to newsgroups, ... would be appreciated!

Try comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

--
 - Wayne A. King

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Subclassed SysListView32 OCX-control and DOUBLE HEADERS ??

2. OCX Control In an OCX Controll

3. OCX: Installing an OCX control

4. How to create ocx within another ocx in the same .ocx file

5. Basing an ATL Control on an OCX Control

6. Custom ActiveX control built on a Standard (comctl32.ocx) ActiveX Control

7. C++ OCX returns SCODE to VB

8. result of double*double is no double

9. problems defining / returning a double

10. Allowing function to return double and/or NULL

11. problem returning a very large double

12. problems defining / returning a double