AS/400 dependent question
Author Message
 AS/400 dependent question

First of all I apologize for asking this question here, I hope it won't
happen again; but I really couldn't find an appropriate newsgroup. Here
goes:

Our company was asked to port a substantial piece of C code to an
AS/400 machine, running OS/400. As far as we know there is a C compiler
available for that machine: SAA C/400.

Vague rumours say that ordinary stream I/O is not properly implemented
on that machine, i.e. one has to deal with record structured files etc.
Since we know next to nothing about an AS/400 (or OS/400 or that compiler,)
my question is: are those rumours true?

I don't think this topic is of general interest, so email would be
fine, but please feel free to post if that's more convenient for
you; I read this newsgroup every day.

Again: I apologize for asking this question here, but I was even
unable to find the `right person' when I contacted IBM overhere ...

thanks in advance and

kind regards,

Mon, 19 May 1997 22:12:02 GMT

1. C/400 programming on the AS/400

2. AS/400 Commands

3. decimal (ILE-C/400)

4. Client/Server on AS/400: Does Anyone Care?

5. Where is C for the AS/400

6. Computer system supporting Programmers (Over 400 conferences)

7. Fast VESA (640*400*256) pupixel routine

8. The Official Catholic Catechism after an interval of 400-years

9. C or C++ Library or DLL for AS/400 router connection

10. The Official Catholic Catechism after an interval of 400-years

11. As/400 file access from