Source code utility in UNIX ?
Author Message
 Source code utility in UNIX ?

Hi,

I seem to remember that there is a utility in UNIX which tidies up a 'C'
source code file, aligning all the brackets etc.

Can anyone tell what it's called please ?

Many thanks,

Dave Shipway

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code utility in UNIX ?

Quote:

>I seem to remember that there is a utility in UNIX which tidies up a 'C'
>source code file, aligning all the brackets etc.

>Can anyone tell what it's called please ?

Try 'cb'.  If that doesn't help, 'apropos beautifier' might yield results.
Failing that the people in a group dealing with your particular brand of
UNIX are probably the best people to ask.

Cheers,
Richard

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code utility in UNIX ?

: >I seem to remember that there is a utility in UNIX which tidies up a 'C'
: >source code file, aligning all the brackets etc.
: >
: >Can anyone tell what it's called please ?
:
: Try 'cb'.  If that doesn't help, 'apropos beautifier' might yield
results.

Don't forget indent(1).

--
John Rixon

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code utility in UNIX ?
you want the gnu program
"indent".
Quote:

>>I seem to remember that there is a utility in UNIX which tidies up a 'C'
>>source code file, aligning all the brackets etc.

>>Can anyone tell what it's called please ?

>Try 'cb'.? If that doesn't help, 'apropos beautifier' might yield results.
>Failing that the people in a group dealing with your particular brand of
>UNIX are probably the best people to ask.

>Cheers,
>Richard

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Source code for unix "Cut" utility

2. Help using CCP utility on UNIX to get preprocessed C code

3. New FTP Archive for Source Code and Programming Utilities

4. Good Source Code print utility ?

5. New FTP Archive for Source Code and Programming Utilities

6. c source code utilities wanted

7. Need utility to convert Pascal source code to C

8. C Source Code Cleanup Utility

9. source code location for sort utility

10. Utility to convert VB source code to VC++

11. Source code formatting utility wanted

12. unix sort source code ?