Redirecting input and output of a program
Author Message
 Redirecting input and output of a program

I'm writing a program in Windows 95 that executes a console-
mode file. The parent program needs to be able to process
whatever the child outputs to stdout. Also, the parent needs to
be able to output stuff to the child's stdin stream. The program
is basically a pretty interface to console-mode programs such
as command.com. Is what I want even remotely possible?

Thanks in advance.
Peter.

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Redirecting input and output of a program

   I'm writing a program in Windows 95 that executes a console-
   mode file. The parent program needs to be able to process
   whatever the child outputs to stdout. Also, the parent needs to
   be able to output stuff to the child's stdin stream. The program
   is basically a pretty interface to console-mode programs such
   as command.com. Is what I want even remotely possible?

It might be.  You should ask in a Windows-related forum.  Such stuff
is easy under UNIX, so it can probably be done at least with extreme
pain under Windows.
--
"I ran it on my DeathStation 9000 and demons flew out of my nose." --Kaz

Please: do not email me copies of your posts to comp.lang.c
        do not ask me C questions via email; post them instead

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Redirecting input and output of a program

Quote:

>   I'm writing a program in Windows 95 that executes a console-
>   mode file. The parent program needs to be able to process
>   whatever the child outputs to stdout. Also, the parent needs to
>   be able to output stuff to the child's stdin stream. The program
>   is basically a pretty interface to console-mode programs such
>   as command.com. Is what I want even remotely possible?

>It might be.  You should ask in a Windows-related forum.  Such stuff
>is easy under UNIX, so it can probably be done at least with extreme
>pain under Windows.

Out of interest, how would I do it under UNIX?

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Redirecting input and output of a program

   >It might be.  You should ask in a Windows-related forum.  Such stuff
   >is easy under UNIX, so it can probably be done at least with extreme
   >pain under Windows.

   Out of interest, how would I do it under UNIX?

(Reply sent via email because this is off-topic.)
--
(proud to be, by popular acclamation, the biggest {*filter*} in c.l.c)

Please: do not email me copies of your posts to comp.lang.c
        do not ask me C questions via email; post them instead

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Redirect Input and Output ??

2. input, output, input/output parameters?????

3. C program input redirect in shell script

4. Using stdin to redirect output from a program...

5. Redirecting output of DOS program

6. Help with Redirecting or Capturing Program Output

7. help: how to redirect program's output to window

8. Redirected DOS program output

9. Redirecting output from mfc program

10. Redirecting output from command line program to MFC App

11. Help with Redirecting or Capturing Program Output

12. Help with Redirecting or Capturing Program Output